New Mower sub £700

Burgess

Have a look at the Ariens range. I've had one for two seasons its never failed. It goes at 3-4 mph so it keeps you fit and it has a mulch facility which come the autumn is superb for clearing and collecting leaves.

Mine has 21" cut, runs on unleaded and cost less than £500 so you'll have change to buy other kit.:thumbup:

Edited by Gardenmac

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry but RRP £900 for a mower just because it has 4 gears?! The rest of the Stiga

http://www.stigalawnmowers.co.uk/turbo-pro-55-4s-53cm-self-propelled-lawnmower.html

mower is really low rent; GCV engine :thumbdown: low quality in proportion to cost. Plastic grass box, There is no way that machine is on a par with vikings, kaaz, ariens et al money. Think you've been had I'm afraid. I was a Scag technical in years gone by so stand by my qualification to comment.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

Hi Guys,

My choice for commercial mowing around your budget would be the Rover 880M115B .

We sell a few of these when commercial customers realise you cannot get a decent mower for a small budget. By buying cheap it is false economy as the waiting for parts, taking machines back to the dealer, waiting for their timescale to fix it etc is all downtime and cost for you.

check out this link : Lawnflite | Everything you need for a perfect garden > Home > Lawnmowers 2014 Models > Rover Petrol Lawn Mowers > Rover 56cm/22" Self Propelled Rotary Lawn Mower

This 22" Top of the Range lawn mower features the new Briggs 850 series engine. Mulch system is supplied as standard so you have the option to either collect grass or mulch. The durable 58 litre plastic grass bag, hard wearing alloy deck and hi-lift swing blades means this machine is designed for the large home owner or professional gardener. 1 year professional and 2 years domestic warranty. The other added feature is the reinforced axles and anti vibration (option) handlebars offering extra protection and adding to the long life of the mower. Very easy folding handles and screwdriver adjustable gearbox. The swing tip blades give the finish like a stripe without having a roller.

We sell these under you budget . No brainer.

Bit late mate. My old mower was a Rover Supercut which was good but as I said in the first post just too small (tho the briggs engine never seemed to use any oil up which was nice) and the tiny box meant I spent half the time walking around with the box in my hand.