Aspen fuel

lerp

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, time to put the record straight here.

Firstly, Aspen does not, and can not, dissolve anything. It contains NO solvents so it does not decompose fuel lines, neither does it dissolve resins or the inside of fuel tanks.

Sorry Barrie, I should have used Ye Olde English word "Shyte" in the fuel system:lol:

All I know is that it can cause issues but once through them,all will be fine.:thumbup:

I got sequence of events a bit mixed. After new carb did not solve problems they then took off new carb and replaced old one with new pump.

I have very little mechanical knowledge. Could solvents in normal 2-stroke mix have softened seals on engine and then shrinkage have caused leaks once I changed to Aspen?

Very unlikely, I would say that an indepth inspetion is throwing forward various small faults that would have gone unnoticed but would have become worse and damaging in time.

I am surprised the new carb didn't fix it but am guessing that the other faults could be part of the issue.

Generally a good carb clean will resolve these issues, and as Barrie says, MS200ts are renowned for having issues in the fuel system.

Very unlikely, I would say that an indepth inspetion is throwing forward various small faults that would have gone unnoticed but would have become worse and damaging in time.

I am surprised the new carb didn't fix it but am guessing that the other faults could be part of the issue.

Generally a good carb clean will resolve these issues, and as Barrie says, MS200ts are renowned for having issues in the fuel system.

Hi,

Change the pump piston in the carb. It has a O ring that could have gone hard, you will need a carb pump piston kit to even inspect it as you need to remove core plugs to get it out.

See the MS201T/ 200T thread for more info or contact me after the 6th of jan.

All the best

Eddie

There is one thing that has been bugging me. Sorry to derail this. But how long has aspen been in use. When was it first made?

Hi, Aspen was first sold in 1988 in Sweden and has been over here in the Uk for around 15 years. It can not damage anything, but can cause parts already damaged by pump fuel to fail sooner. Once they have been changed these parts will last years longer than they would with pump fuels.

Eddie

• 3 weeks later...