Compulsory drugs testing

arbogrunt

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will never happen in our working lifes as who would allow every morning lunchtime etc there workers to take time out to be tested who would go round testing how much would it cost.

Its down to each employer to evaluate themselfs as its the employer who will get sued in the case of an accident.

Each to there own do what you like as long as you harm no one else doing it.

im with marc on this one 100%

i have smoked b4 work during and after!!!! i used to on a regular basis but that was a bad time in my life, i still smoke now but i will never smoke or drink at work it just aint safe....

but when the works doo's come around:drunk:

That's like saying don't eat pizza cuz you might get heartburn.

More for me then!:wave:

My Mum used to say the same thing.

I eat pizza because im hungry,i have never had a hunger or even a desire to use drugs,so why bother, if you don't have an itch you don't need to cratch,but if you want to good luck,and you're welcome to my share:icon14::wave:

Drugs and drink at work are bang out of order full stop. The only reason we're even debating it is because it's so wide spread in our industry !

Our industry more than most has the potential to kill us every day, chippers, chainsaws, climbing, etc why increase the risk to yourself and you colleagues it's just plain irresponsible in my opinion.

I'm not anti weed i've done it a plenty and in the company of a fair few of the members on here but smoking a joint at work is just plain f******g stupid.

As Steve said erlier you may not feel stoned or impaired but you will be that's a fact, why take the extra risk ?

We know the work place isnt the place for it, but its does seem in some circles to be the thing to do. The discussion is whether or not there should be compulsory testing in companies. I can think of some companies that rigorously test their crews on a regular basis. I can think of a couple of companies that probably wouldnt dare test their crews as they wouldnt end up with anyone working there!!

My problem with the testing would be the lack of fairness in the system, whether it would come from the necessary use of prescription drugs, or higher management slipping to the gents to do a line, while saying that the men in the field cant have a spliff.

When I'm convinced that a fair and impartial system for testing could be devised then I may agree to it.

People who think they can work better on weed are deluded. I dont see many F1 drivers lighting up a giant spliff before a race.

Trouble with testing drugs like weed is it take about 30 days to totally leave your system..and im sure there would be a nationwide shortage of workers should it become compulsory...

Just say noooooooooo

Pure cheeese...