LogPro - FREE Biomass Firewood Kiln

Duffryn

Sounds like a great idea, why have 20k tied up in roundwood for 2 years when you could have a return in a matter of months and yes buy in more timber expand your business. All depends on what scale you operate on. The large sawmills which I've been round and have biomass systems to run huge kilns they cannot rate them highly enough.

As for £100/m3 for waste wood get real. What is this waste?

Sawmill co products (Perthshire Timber Co)

Bark (per tonne) - £30.00

Chips (per tonne) - £20.00

Sawdust (per tonne) - £25.00

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the fuel for the kiln not have to be purchased from an approved accreditted source to qualify?.

No all is that required is that the fuel is clean (i.e not contaminated) , an approved fuel type ( in our case mixed wood) and that a record is kept of the fuel used and its source ( we provide a simple on line system to do this).

Sounds like a great idea, why have 20k tied up in roundwood for 2 years when you could have a return in a matter of months and yes buy in more timber expand your business. All depends on what scale you operate on. The large sawmills which I've been round and have biomass systems to run huge kilns they cannot rate them highly enough.

As for £100/m3 for waste wood get real. What is this waste?

Sawmill co products (Perthshire Timber Co)

Bark (per tonne) - £30.00

Chips (per tonne) - £20.00

Sawdust (per tonne) - £25.00

I did get real and read the small print the kiln burns logs the sort of product you can sell for £100/m3 not the useless carp of bark, chips or sawdust which you quote above.

I did get real and read the small print the kiln burns logs the sort of product you can sell for £100/m3 not the useless carp of bark, chips or sawdust which you quote above.

The kiln burns logs of firewood processor waste or waste uncontaminated wood. You claimed you sold your waste wood for £100 m3 hence the other posters comment

Could you confirm what make of boiler this is as speaking to DECC only this week their unaware of any boiler which meets the current legislation because there waiting for the legislation to be redrafted.

"They are waiting for the current legislation to be redrafted" Then the current legislation remains in force until it is redrafted !

The boiler we are using was accredited in late 2013 and we will gladly show any of our customers who have ordered a kiln a copy of the accreditation should they request it. We would also be happy to show a copy of the accreditation to anyone visiting our site for a kiln demonstration.

"They are waiting for the current legislation to be redrafted" Then the current legislation remains in force until it is redrafted !

The boiler we are using was accredited in late 2013 and we will gladly show any of our customers who have ordered a kiln a copy of the accreditation should they request it. We would also be happy to show a copy of the accreditation to anyone visiting our site for a kiln demonstration.

have you got any 20ft versions ??

as cant get a 40ft done my track

johny

have you got any 20ft versions ??

as cant get a 40ft done my track

johny

Unfortunately not, a 20ft version cuts the capacity down by 66% (the boiler and equipment takes up 10ft of the container) and so it would be much less efficient . In the future we hope to develop a 20ft version with the boiler and equipment mounted externally but this will be some time away I'm afraid.

The kiln burns logs of firewood processor waste or waste uncontaminated wood. You claimed you sold your waste wood for £100 m3 hence the other posters comment

My waste wood is what everyone on arbtalk knows as arb waste which is converted into logs. The only waste wood I get is sawdust from the saw blade which I was led to believe your boiler will not burn.