rope guide

John Shutler

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installing a cambium saver from the ground is easy, you only need one line.

Ropeguide is not so easy, two lines, lots of hassle not worth it.

i will pick your brains at the AA rupe, i cant work out how you do it with one line, saying that i have never seen a cambium saver before either:blushing::001_smile:

and mark, yes it would probably land on the pile of doom far far away over the fields:mad1::001_tongue:

Drew, which do you find better the rope Gide or the Cocoon?

I'm thinking of getting one, but not sure which

personally i prefer the cocoon as i can splice my own eyes for it and use it as a false anchor point and midline anchor point but as a main TIP they both work sweet. and i think the cocoon is just some wicked machining:001_cool:

Sounds like you jumped that stage and went straight for the ropeguide! Good work, you'll hate it to start with!

A two ring cambium saver is a good start, then add a pulley to one ring, then get a ropeguide.

Installing the cambium saver (even with a pulley attached) is easy enough from the ground but a bit old skool for you now!

Sounds like you jumped that stage and went straight for the ropeguide! Good work, you'll hate it to start with!

A two ring cambium saver is a good start, then add a pulley to one ring, then get a ropeguide.

Installing the cambium saver (even with a pulley attached) is easy enough from the ground but a bit old skool for you now!

still cant get it into my head how you would install a cambium saver from the ground then get a rope through it, in my head you have to lower it back down and stuff, but it still doesnt seem to make sense:confused1:

Hope this helps Stevie, Copied it from "The Tree Climbers Companion" (very good book)

1) Install and isolate the throwline around the crotch. Pass the running end through the large ring and the working end (end with throwbag) through the small ring. The throwbag will nedd to be removed first and then reattached afterward. If the ring of the throwbag slips through the ring of the false crotch, attach a karabiner to the throwbag ring. Raise the false crotch into the tree by pulling on the throwline.

2) Pull on the throwline until the device just reaches the crotch. Give a quick pull and the deice will flip into position in the crotch.

3) lower the throwbag and line back to the ground

4) secure the throwline to the rope with two clove hitches (half hitch in between is optional) and pull through the rings and back to the ground.

still cant get it into my head how you would install a cambium saver from the ground then get a rope through it, in my head you have to lower it back down and stuff, but it still doesnt seem to make sense:confused1:

That description sounds more like rope guide installation method!

Cambium saver is so easy, its in the tree climbers companion book page 28, in fact there are two methods.

Its easy mate, cambium saver has 2 rings, put the throw line through one ring (saver stays on the ground) then attach the bag throw over limb and back to the ground, undo the bag and put the line through the other ring re attach the bag pull the bag back up the tree, saver flicks over the branch with the line through both rings at the underside of the limb, lower the bag remove and attach your rope, pull the rope back up through both eyes then have you lunch!! hope that makes sense mate.

Its easy mate, cambium saver has 2 rings, put the throw line through one ring (saver stays on the ground) then attach the bag throw over limb and back to the ground, undo the bag and put the line through the other ring re attach the bag pull the bag back up the tree, saver flicks over the branch with the line through both rings at the underside of the limb, lower the bag remove and attach your rope, pull the rope back up through both eyes then have you lunch!! hope that makes sense mate.

cheers rob, i got it the way you said it.:001_cool:i would honestly never of thought that would of worked, i will need to get a c s now and try, just for the hell of it:001_smile: