rope guide

John Shutler

Why would you want to use a rope guide?

BTW thats not an arsey question just asking.

How many times has a customer come out with cups of tea all round, and you just think , can I be arsed to go down and then climb back up. Well, add an ART lockjack to the system and your thirst will most definitely be quenched.:001_smile: Its a doddle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want to use a rope guide?

BTW thats not an arsey question just asking.

For me it saves energy. instead of using energy to fight friction at your anchor, you use the energy to climb the rope so therefore using less energy to go the same distance. If your using redis, then they add friction and all this combined can make moving the hitch really tiresome-the RG gets rid of the most friction at the start. If you do have to reascend any part of the tree its not so tiring. Gives you an anchor point where there is no natural crotch.

i assume you can set these up from the ground like you do with a cambium saver and throw bag?

i have been trying to work out in my head how you would install a cambium saver or ropeguide in a tree from the ground. in my head i need 2 throwlines and a lot of patience and there is only one big branch in the tree and its lovely and smooth. :confused1::001_smile: