two stroke soaked Rope!

Gareth jones

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got any research or manufacturers advise to back that up Wolter?

I am not aware of any research or other evidence to indicate whether petrol has any effect on ropes, therefore the only advice I can give is to bin it. I would probably still use it personally.

Seems a bit extreme to bin it 'tout de suite'.

Why not continue using it on jobs until you detect a change in the character of the rope structure.

It may harden or suddenly stretch but it is unlikely that it will just turn into goo or dust overnight and even more so that it will just snap without warning.

Ty

The entire rope was soaked in it so cutting it wasnt an option unfortunately. The rope has only just worn in and is part of the best rope and hitch combo ive ever used, so my desire to keep it as a climbing line has got me hanging it up in the shed to dry out of direct sunlight for a while. It still stinks of two stroke mix! I wouldn't bin it, It would just be a shame to be pulling trucks out the mud with my favourite rope haha

The entire rope was soaked in it so cutting it wasnt an option unfortunately. The rope has only just worn in and is part of the best rope and hitch combo ive ever used, so my desire to keep it as a climbing line has got me hanging it up in the shed to dry out of direct sunlight for a while. It still stinks of two stroke mix! I wouldn't bin it, It would just be a shame to be pulling trucks out the mud with my favourite rope haha

If you read the link in the above post the only thing you can't do is piss on it . Wash in mild detergent and it will be fine ...according to the research in the link .