best chipper to buy for £6000approx under??

They were replaced long ago mate!

If your an owner user I think the timberworf 150 is a great machine (depending on the type of work) The jensens are much better built and easier to work on imo, also as both 6inch machines the Jensed handles 6inch timber a lot better even with duller blades.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jensen, jensen and did i mention jensen?? they are very well built machine, low maintenance, wont break if you look after it, jensens 530 is the competitor to the tw 150, but the jensen handles conifer a lot lot better, and we have never blocked the jensen at work, the rollers also turn a lot faster on the jensen, and it is just generally a faster, sturdier machine. hope this helps.

...is this a hint to go back working with Barts crew??!

...is this a hint to go back working with Barts crew??!

no, im not bothered which crew im with cus marks crew generally do not have to chip anywhere near as much as barts, but a jensen behind the transit would make chipping all them hedge clippings and tangled honeysuckle a lot quicker and less frustrating!!:001_tongue:

I was looking 2 years ago to spend approx 6k and all the timberwolf's that I found were mullered with loads of hours on the clock. Settled for a Kwikchip222 turntable, heavy as hell but a great chipper, simple, never lets me down. Built like a tank.

Try looking at Thorne Engineers site, a google search should find it. They do a great job of refurbs.

In all fairness there aint a bad chipper on the market, some are just better than others and a lot comes down to personal preferance, people slate Greenmech but my 220 is spot on, would have a nother Greenmech any day. The best chipper for 6k? The best one you can find, best condition, lowest hours and the best maintained you can get. get one from a dealer and haggle and get it fully serviced, it's a buyers market at the moment.

Does any of this make any sense? LOL thought not