Shall I ?

Mick Stockbridge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to keep cost down you could rivet 1/2mm ali sheets to the outside and live with the build up of chip between the sheet and the cage. Or remove the mesh and use thicker Ali, 3mm perhaps. I think I paid about £25 for each 3mm 8x4 sheet a few months back.

You have got the frame to work with and ali sheets are cheap and last. I dont use ply any more as it looks rough after 6 months and costs a fortune to keep replacing.

It would,nt take much though. Youve inadvertently taken me on to my next question. Leave it as it is and just ply line the sides, or build a proper chipbox ?

get a signwriter to stick all your graphics on plastic, bolt that on from the outside and it fills in your cage sides, that what i have always done. :001_smile:

much to high mick, im getting mine this week, i had a quote from a firm down your end for a 53 plate tranny with 46k on the clock for 6 plus vat! trannys are too over priced imo i got a 53 crew cab citroen relay 3.5t 2.8td full history and ex council owned for 4k plus vat. LDV are cheaper and have tranny gear but are 20 years out of date, just got rid of one and wouldnt have another. I reccont same price for your tranny, 4k plus vat or there abouts.

I,ve been looking for a bigger truck for a while now. I found this, ex BT, 71,000 on the clock. Do you blokes think its a bit pricey ? £5500+vat.

mick, why dont you find a local company that runs a mog set up, spend a day with them and see how much you can get through, it wont be long untill you are convinced and get yourself one mate:001_smile: