Pain Killers ?

White Noise

Cutting a sheet of ply with a circular saw (two days after moving house) saw kicked back and got caught in my rugby jersey, pulling it in. I cut all the way through to my intestines- scored a helicopter ride to the hospital!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Bloody hell . Lucky you did not disembowel your self there bud . Hope you recover soon .

Edited by Stubby

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting a sheet of ply with a circular saw (two days after moving house) saw kicked back and got caught in my rugby jersey, pulling it in. I cut all the way through to my intestines- scored a helicopter ride to the hospital!

No blade brake on a circular saw, could argue they are more dangerous than top handle chain saws.

It would be interesting to see the amount of injuries caused by circular saws.

H-A

Painkillers. They are great when they are needed and are in the correct dosage. I fool myself thinking that the small dose that we 'should' be taking might make me feel better but I think It is more like a placebo in reality.

All of my aches and pains , injuries etc have usually got a physical reason why I feel pain. So I think a trip to a physio can really surprise you.

I really wish I could be arsed to organise it but a trip to the physio every month would be a good start.

After been hit a couple of times i was taking a lot of meds, thinking it was helping my push through and getting back up to fitness. Now i cant take certain types of painkillers etc as they do nothing for me. But luckily a mucker pulled me aside and help me sort it out.

For me on top of the physio acupuncture made a world of difference 👍

Remember theres always more than one way to treat an injury even if popping a blister pack is the easy option

I'm allergic to Asprin (and lots of painkillers have it in them). I therefore only take paracetamol for pain relief - and only for things like broken fingers, toes or a bad back...the more you take them...the less effective they become.

I fell through a old shed roof a couple months ago and landed on the back of my head on a concrete floor, surprisingly didn't hurt that bad but as a result I had to got to get it checked out and it turned out I'd got two compressed discs in my neck and three compressed discs in my lower back. Started seeing a chiropractor on a weekly basis and its getting so much better. He recommends a visit every 3 months to keep all us hard working types in check!

I take codeine and Celebrex or diclofenac sodium occasionally for my shoulder. You have to be careful with codeine based pain killers as they are addictive. I took them for three or four days once while waiting fort a tooth abscess to get sorted and when I stopped taking them I got some wicked headaches.