Lazy workers

Hedge hunter

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that most older workers prefer to work alone and reap the benefits.

Must be a bit boring though. AND restricting.

Job and knock doesn't work in a 2 or more team environment as it becomes competitive and jealousies rear their ugly heads. Competitive 'job and knock'. Everyone rushing to get home first- who loses?= the customer and eventually the business.

Job and knock doesn't work in a 2 or more team environment as it becomes competitive and jealousies rear their ugly heads. Competitive 'job and knock'. Everyone rushing to get home first- who loses?= the customer and eventually the business.

Restricting is right lumpit,as you get older you generally need more help to remain productive unless you want your jobs to take longer and more tiring to do.

I very seldom work alone nowadays.

Well..sort of..at the grand old age of 32 I have plenty of aches and pains.. Graft naturally buggers your body..I can't imagine how bad my temple like body will be when I'm 40-50-60 years old.. I think a two man team is fine (with another temp for bigger work) I will always work with someone as it's no good if your hurt and can't work..always have a plan B! (Not actually the singer though)

Job and knock every day I agree would be very bad for business... But it is hugely appreciated by workers if I do it maybe three times a month or so...unless I'm busy then it's seven days and 8am til dark... They don't mind doing it as they get some overtime.

The gate has to swing both ways for it to be successful.

A greedy boss or worker no one wins..

I'm 25, much more stress free working on my own, I don't tend to do much tree work and agricultural fencing fills most of my days so I'd prefer to have decent machinery rather then employ someone. Although on tedious manual jobs ie tree planting, its nice to have labour, I find having someone a few days a week is the right balance for me.

You dont need to work alone. If you have enough work on get a self employed mate on. If its quiet dont, just work on your own. As long as you dont promise future work until it comes up everyone knows the score. Often working with someone else they have different skill sets which brings in more work also different ways of doing things. Working on your own can be a bit lonely.

Can't say I agree that job and knock doesn't work for a team.

There's four of us, we don't rush, we just work hard and we know we work till the customer is totally happy. No compromise. I am not complacent and we get tons of repeat business.

It's all about attitude.

I've seen people with decades of experience mutilating trees (gob cuts to slow the growth for example). I've seen highly qualified bods who can't tell a fart from a hurricane. Give me someone with the right attitude and they will learn, and they will gain experience.

Give me someone with bad attitude and I'll give them straight back.

There's four of us, we don't rush, we just work hard and we know we work till the customer is totally happy. No compromise. I am not complacent and we get tons of repeat business.

It's all about attitude.

I've seen people with decades of experience mutilating trees (gob cuts to slow the growth for example). I've seen highly qualified bods who can't tell a fart from a hurricane. Give me someone with the right attitude and they will learn, and they will gain experience.

Can't say fairer than that ....:001_smile:

It's all about attitude.

I don't think Mr Lumpet was talking about a team or two or more, I think he meant a business with two (or more) teams, hence the ref to jealousy.

I used to frequently work for the 'loosing' team, and it didn't do anything for 'company cohesion' :001_smile:.