Got a roof problem help/advice please

predator

I,ve built a log/work shelter about 50ft long 12ft high sloping down to 9ft against a pallaside fence for ventilation for my firwood pile but the problem i have is i,ve got 3 large mature trees i,ve had to build the roof around all with big six roofing sheets so now have water running along the roof sheets then straight into the log shelter where the tree pops through the roof" as anyone else had this problem its not my land or trees so cant & dont want to cut,em down birds nature etc i,ve got bird feeders on the go and nest boxes in the roof so want an easy way around stopping water running in all over the wood any diy advice ideas would be greatfully recieved thanks

Use some tough plastic or felt around the trees and sandwich it with the roof sheets. Run it up the trunks about a foot, then use a bungee or tree tie to hold it up and tight around the trunk.

Will have to have it under the high side and over the low side to allow water to flow.

If that makes sense. It does in my head. That's my idea anyway.

Use some tough plastic or felt around the trees and sandwich it with the roof sheets. Run it up the trunks about a foot, then use a bungee or tree tie to hold it up and tight around the trunk.

Will have to have it under the high side and over the low side to allow water to flow.

If that makes sense. It does in my head. That's my idea anyway.

Makes sense to me Rich!

Another option is to make a batch of cement and build it up on top side so water has to run either side, not the perfect solution but simple to do and will stop the bulk of the water.

good advice so far but its a roundtree through a square hole n trees sway as you well know so may look at the roof felt idea just need to find the right felt to suit weather/wear n tear through the winter i will take some pictures tomorrow so you get your head around what i,am trying to do etc all sides are open roof is supported by scrap wood and telegraph poles etc

I have used some pond liner for this sort of situation. It stretches appreciably so made a hole in the middle well smaller than the stack and slipped it over and it makes a nice seal even without glue. The 'skirt' then drops down and can be glued or flashed to the roofing some how depending on how it is constructed.

In your case you will have to wrap it round and as per above tie it with a bungy that together with the pond liner will move with the tree and expand over time.

I guess you might need to undo it and tie it every few years to limit the effect on the tree as it grows.

Hope that is clear enough :thumbup1: