Stolen.....stolen........stolen 130 landrover tipper..... Stolen......stolen... Stole

Drummond8

The other van was done by the fire station mate doors cracked and a ms261 taken. What's your landy 110?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

yeh white 110 high cap youve probably seen it im sure , i climb for 3 of the council contractors the tree officer calls me an aboricultural whore !lol:lol:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha beautiful. Yeah I seen it mate for sure. Hopefully it ll be fine mate.

Stick the diff in neutral maybe mate when you park it. At the very least if they don't notice and hit the accelerater it ll rev hard so you might hear if anyone did try it on.

If I ever find another one it's gonna have to be trackered I think can't go through this again. I ll install the tracker but won't register it unless it gets nicked. I think you can still do that, avoids the monthly payments. Then when it's nicked register the tracker goes live and works as per.

Used to be able to do that anyway.

Next up is the battle with the insurance criminals

Stick the diff in neutral maybe mate when you park it. At the very least if they don't notice and hit the accelerater it ll rev hard so you might hear if anyone did try it on.

If I ever find another one it's gonna have to be trackered I think can't go through this again. I ll install the tracker but won't register it unless it gets nicked. I think you can still do that, avoids the monthly payments. Then when it's nicked register the tracker goes live and works as per.

HI MATE I've just seen your truck pics you put up the bay i hope you get it back thanks jon

I know it's no help to you now. But a simple way to immobilise any vehicle is to put a hidden switch in line on the live wire going to the ignition, flick the switch to the off position when you get out of the vehicle and no one can get it started. Well not quick and easily.

yeh i ive had landys for the best part of 15 years and the very first one i had i used to do that unfortunatly it would always be me that forgot so i always used to wake the neighhbours with full revs at 6.30 in morning lol, you never know you might be surprised with the insurance company ? did you have all the bits like the winch listed ?

Hope you get it back bud but fear you are probably not going to see it again

Bit late for this one but my 130 has a tracker on it from Tiso electronics in Cheshire cost about £200 ish and just has a pay as you go SIM card in it

If you wire it in properly you can also.stop it by text by cutting of the fuel solenoid with a relay in line

Also have one of the x-eng pedal locks on it as well

That's sounds really good mate had no idea you could do that, cut off the fuel I mean. There is no doubt at all that what ever happens the next truck will have something to the effect on it.

I ve had round one with the insurers yesterday, and apparently I ve got to have another phone interview on Wednesday no doubt because they think they can pick holes in my claim.

Really sorry to hear that, I hope that you get it back.

One thought regarding insurance is that Adrian Flux do agreed valuation policies. The way it works is that you list all of the modifications, take photos and send off then they agree a fixed price should your vehicle be stolen, so in theory, you are not having to argue the toss regarding the value when the vehicle is no longer there. I know that this is of no use to you for your tipper, but perhaps worth considering the next time you insure.

Has anybody made a claim with one of these agreed valuation policies and if so, did it work as smoothly as expected ?

Stubby,

Thanks for your message on eBay my mate forwarded it over can't thank you enough for continuing to look for me!

Had so many calls texts and messages from people looking and trying to help its been humbling to be honest. I really can't thank everyone enough.

Cheers again