New Chassis Cab Options!?!

PeteB

I spent about half an hour today quickly looking into prices of Arb Trucks based on a few quick web searchs and was surprised by the options available.

Ford Transit Tipper with 100ps engine listed at £30K.

Sprinter (similar size) was listed £29+k (okay, add body cost)

VW Grafter Listed at around £29k (ditto)

(Anyone add rough prices on 3500kg trucks?)

Then looked at Fuso Canter chassis cab with 175ps engine(7500kg class) through Mercedes Benz to find theirs is around £30k for the 4x2 and around £32k for the 4x4!

Going on that, why would anyone bother with a new 3500kg truck which at best carries 1500kgs when a Fuso could conceivable carry over twice that and more for only a little more outlay!?!

The Fuso people will be sending me some non-brochure photographs soon and I'll post them up.

I spent about half an hour today quickly looking into prices of Arb Trucks based on a few quick web searchs and was surprised by the options available.

Then looked at Fuso Canter chassis cab with 175ps engine(7500kg class) through Mercedes Benz to find theirs is around £30k for the 4x2 and around £32k for the 4x4!

Going on that, why would anyone bother with a new 3500kg truck which at best carries 1500kgs when a Fuso could conceivable carry over twice that and more for only a little more outlay!?!

The Fuso people will be sending me some non-brochure photographs soon and I'll post them up.

Its not just as simple as "a little more financial", there are driving licence categories to be gained, "O" licencing, Tachograph and drivers hours regulations.

This situation isn't going to improve, most people joining the industry cant drive anything over 3500kg and are restricted to a trailer no bigger than a well loaded wheelbarrow.

I have been researching myself if there is an alternative to my cabstar, which I have just ordered a new double cab and will send it off for the tipper body to be fitted.

I tried to see if there was a better alternative to suit my needs, and the answer was no.

the cabstar is the only double cab tipper you can actually remove the rear seats totally to get a flat flor space for tool storage, its one of the few that can tow 3.5 tonne, has the most powerful engine, and was at a sensible price.

The only fly in the ointment is the fact that I wanted built in sat nav, but nissan are saying no despite it being an option in all their literature and website

I have been researching myself if there is an alternative to my cabstar, which I have just ordered a new double cab and will send it off for the tipper body to be fitted.

I tried to see if there was a better alternative to suit my needs, and the answer was no.

the cabstar is the only double cab tipper you can actually remove the rear seats totally to get a flat flor space for tool storage, its one of the few that can tow 3.5 tonne, has the most powerful engine, and was at a sensible price.

The only fly in the ointment is the fact that I wanted built in sat nav, but nissan are saying no despite it being an option in all their literature and website

I would not worry about the sat nav just bought a 3 year old disco doubt I will switch it on. I have a tom tom and know where I am going the most important thing to me is the live service. i want to know who is in the way. Also 18 months time the built in will be a dinasaur.

If Ford think that thing is worth 30k they have lost the plot. I looked at a new transit custom a week ago expecting them to quote 14k got the quote they start at 18 nothing nice till you spend 22. merc is a good truck but still way over price at 29k

What about a Defender 130 crewcab tipper? 1.5 ton payload & 3.5 ton towing....

Sent from my iPad protected by bombproof Lifeproof Case

My mate has a 130 single cab,went on two different weigh bridges,one said 2.4t the other 2.7t unladen ,with him and half a tank of fuel for both measurements, and that's with a alloy body on the back! :thumbdown: