Pathetic co-workers?

Python

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine your 'victim goes to work to earn a coin NOT to be treated as if he was a skinny 14 year old at the back of the class.

Are you adult professionals, those who do the teasing? or just over grown teens with poor etiquette and social skills.

Python, you seem to be the agent of your own doom here.

If you want the team to work well, then lay off the bullying (yes, that's what it is if it's not appreciated) and stop others from behaving in this manner too.

Ty

Its a shame he felt he had to go over your head and not trust in the foreman to begin with. When I was employed and in charge of a team any problems they would come to me even if it was about me, if all else failed after that then they where welcome to go higher up the chain of command .

Bad management I would say, what makes it worse IMO is you've put it on here calling him pathetic so that sums you all up for me.

Plus employers or potential employer are always lurking in the background.

my boss never listens to me makes me work hard all day quick coffee break 20 mins for lunch still i do work on my own and they do say talking to yourself is the first stage.:biggrin: as for this lad.python being the foremen i think you need to get this sorted pronto. find out whats is his problem. and work it out as a team. all its doing is making it worse for you all as he is going above you because he does not think he can talk to you to sort these problems out.

and you now have your boss asking questions not a good sign.

We're not talking about anything heavy just the occasional "your mum" joke or something about the climbing speed etc just normal stuff, and in comparison to the old days this doesn't even register

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

I'm sorry but if anyone said owt about my parents (in jest or otherwise) they would get a punch on the nose, regardless of who they were. imo them type of jokes are off limits. Doesnt anyone respect elders or peoples parents anymore. And before you say i carn't take a joke, your wrong.

I'm sorry but if anyone said owt about my parents (in jest or otherwise) they would get a punch on the nose, regardless of who they were. imo them type of jokes are off limits. Doesnt anyone respect elders or peoples parents anymore. And before you say i carn't take a joke, your wrong.

But the point you've missed is that he's started the banter in the first instance but can't handle the backlash

Been there got the t shirt,

Banter often turns into a lot more very easily. Then it's bullying, the odd joke is funny but nine times out of ten the person making that joke or remark sees they gets a laugh or reaction from it and carries on, this will then provoke more actions, attention seeking it's called.

If this lad had to go above you to get heard then I would seriously look into how you manage your crew and see who and when the banter goes up a level. Then this person gets a quiet talk away from everyone else about it. Either pack it in or go home. The higher order will not come down on you for it as you are managing your crew in a modern PC way.

Plus IMO it never looks good if a client hears everyone taking the mick out of each other on site.

And the above goes for this lad aswell as he is part of the crew, like it or lump it, he is there. If he starts it then give him a jolt and stop it. Time and place, no need to go overboard, just a quick talk about the workplace is enough.

Title says it all:sneaky2:Good on him for going to the bosses. That takes courage! :thumbup1:And good on the bosses for addressing it!

How so? All it's done is divide him from the rest of the lads, so he hasn't really archived anything