What small stump grinder

markieg31

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's nice chaps I ent got 7k to spend on a bandit

And to be fair a 2ft willow stump with the root flair was nearly 3ft of grinding and cleaning up in 2hours I don't think is good for a machine with 13hp

We all have to start somewhere in this world hence the bloke asking the Q

He may want a cheep grinder that he can grind small conifer stumps out with and don't get many stumps bigger. That 18inch

Iv would love a hb 20 but like alot of people can't find the money or would rather spend the extra 4.5k getting my business on track

I had an RG 13 for 3 years and it was a cracking machine, I just couldn't face pushing it around anymore, pushing it onto a trailer, trying to push it on a slope then grinding stumps that are a good size really wore you out and if you have a few to do then it was really hard. That's why I invested in a better machine, big stumps are easy and small stumps are really easy, thus less fatigue and more money earned. Depending on budget it, I would say that long term you are better investing in a machine that you will have for years and that will earn you good money.

I agree with what ur saying hodge I would rather have a bit of kit like the hb20

I will be buying a hb20 in say a year or so but for now have to put up with me little husq

Just wish I had 30k spare so I could buy a hb20 and a bandit 65in one go :lol::lol: till then I will just keep day dreaming till I get there :thumbup:

I agree with what ur saying hodge I would rather have a bit of kit like the hb20

I will be buying a hb20 in say a year or so but for now have to put up with me little husq

Just wish I had 30k spare so I could buy a hb20 and a bandit 65in one go :lol::lol: till then I will just keep day dreaming till I get there :thumbup:

Yeah, you gotta start somewhere. If you you get sharp teeth then your sorted. My RG13 had multi tip teeth on and was awesome.

could you not ask an engineer to made an attachment for something like a haytor condor or similar? Gravely used to have something like that. It was the Clint Eastwood of the 2 wheel tractor world. Brilliant. Self propelled and get a decent engine powering it, it should be easier than a small normal machine. I was once given the task of cutting a small trench for burying a cable with a small stump grinder and they are heavy machines to move.