Replacement for 346XP.

leafcut

Been playing with my 550 a lot recently. Running a 15" with a semi chisel chain and even my friend who never uses anything less than a 576 with an 18" full chisel loves it.

Only have two gripes first moving of the felling line from the top back to the center, its thrown me off a bit. The other is that the air filter lets a fair amount of crap through. Although the 576 is the same.

Done some big trees with it last week had to have the middle out the larch for the 15" bar to reach from each side. Cutting that and cutting the first two lengths really showed that its was in as big as you should go with it. It eats Birch like its butter:thumbup:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, my 560 was awesome hen it worked, but it conked out a lot, then things broke like the pull cord assembly and chainbrake, then wouldn't start hen hot or if it had been sat. Too much hassle so I sold it. Love my 346/372/576/395 though!!

Have to agree with hodge check out my thread 560 letting me down which ground saw next?

I personally sold my 550 and 560 and replaced then with two 346xpgs

Much more reliable in my mind and it's reliable saws that cut the wood not saw plugged Into people's laptops in workshops

I love my 346xp, I have ordered the 550xp also and hopefully things will work fine. Watching the expression on a collegues face when first using the 346 was a joy-the cutting speed with an 18" bar is phenominal-the 550, to be better than the 346 must be some saw-I love huskys anyway so I am naturally bias. My brother has just ordered the 550 also and were both bucking and winching out logs using the portawinch from a steep valley next weekend. I will be able to give a reasonably good update on its performance after that...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

:confused1:

I love my 346xp, I have ordered the 550xp also and hopefully things will work fine. Watching the expression on a collegues face when first using the 346 was a joy-the cutting speed with an 18" bar is phenominal-the 550, to be better than the 346 must be some saw-I love huskys anyway so I am naturally bias. My brother has just ordered the 550 also and were both bucking and winching out logs using the portawinch from a steep valley next weekend. I will be able to give a reasonably good update on its performance after that...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.

:blushing: can I get your old 346 please al look after :thumbup:

I agree that an18" bar isn't what you want to be putting on a 346, but I am surprised at the general dissatisfaction that people seem to be feeling about them.

A couple of years ago everyone was raving about them. They were the best thing since sliced bread and no one had a bad word to say about them. Even die hard Stihlists were recommending them!

Given that these saws are reliable and have no significant issues, why are people turning against them now?

I agree that an18" bar isn't what you want to be putting on a 346, but I am surprised at the general dissatisfaction that people seem to be feeling about them.

A couple of years ago everyone was raving about them. They were the best thing since sliced bread and no one had a bad word to say about them. Even die hard Stihlists were recommending them!

Given that these saws are reliable and have no significant issues, why are people turning against them now?

i think most people rate them highly ( i love mine!) it seems tho that when working the 550 is just better, still yet to try one but until my 346 packs up i wouldnt replace it.

the 560xp is the one i would like to get.

anyway be intresting to see how the op compares the saws.

thanks carl

:confused1:

:blushing: can I get your old 346 please al look after :thumbup:

My 346 is simply the best saw I have ever used-with an 18" bar there is a wide range of thickness it can cover. Its weight is only apparent after a hard day up a pole when I start to get arm lock. No-my 346 stays with me-if the 550xp is up to par the 346 will be a back up/firewood saw. Like I said before-the 550 must be some saw if it can out perform the 346-we shall see...Nick Pearson, Timberline-Roe Ltd.