Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

Eddie,

First serious commersitations re the wilful damage to your big Libherr, I can only imagine how stomach churning it is to deal with & accept, but as someone else mentioned, quite staggering that Liebherr state a 3 week turnaround.

& Meh!

Re that high-spec NH you posted, ah dinny tink yon "flotation" tyres be ony guid up the Garry Bog.

So, sorry, but no thanks.

A D6 or D7 on wide tracks would float my particular boat much better.

Since I got a couple of reasonably extensive Duck Ponds to scoop out.

Edited by difflock

Eddie,

First serious commersitations re the wilful damage to your big Libherr, I can only imagine how stomach churning it is to deal with & accept, but as someone else mentioned, quite staggering that Liebherr state a 3 week turnaround.

& Meh!

Re that high-spec NH you posted, ah dinny tink yon "flotation" tyres be ony guid up the Garry Bog.

So, sorry, but no thanks.

A D6 or D7 on wide tracks would float my particular boat much better.

Since I got a couple of reasonably extensive Duck Ponds to scoop out.

Thanks to everyone who has sent messages of support, and offers of assistance by all the various channels, it does help restore a bit of faith. No shame in admitting it's been a pretty tough week or so, but back on the project tomorrow with a hired in machine solution to fill the gap, nothing like just getting your head down and back to work to clear your head.

The machine is simply awaiting it's fate with the loss adjuster tomorrow, and yes Liebherr are still happy with the three week timescale if they get the nod to put it back to how it was.

Impressive if they get the opportunity and deliver as promised.

Eddie.

Finally back up and running with a replacement in the form of a Komatsu PC240 18metre Long Reach that's had a few mods for the intended projects over the next few weeks.

It's had extra lines added to be able to use a Selector Grab, Case Drain for Mulcher, Guarding on front screen and top, plus rubber block pads for road work.

It's currently running the new into the UK, TMK 400 Shear from NCD Equipment, with Nick there very keen to get feedback on how it's performing.

First thing we noticed upon delivery was the fact the gripper arm left a considerable hole at the rear of the jaw when fully closed, and it was obvious that anything under 5" was in danger of being dropped.

A quick mod with a couple of plates sorted that, but obviously a slight corresponding drop in overall capacity.

The Komatsu is blessed with being able to set flows from the screen in the cab very easily, and we were able to dial the TMK up to a pretty impressive but controllable speed of operation.

So first afternoon out, and all I can say is this thing is light and very quick! No issues whatsoever on the long reach, even out full reach over the side, and to be honest direct mounted onto a top quick hitch I'd probably even put this this on an 8 tonner to try.

The 240 is obviously putting enough flow and pressure to make this TMK fly, but the whole unit suits what I would consider to be applications where the dropping of material is not of concern.

The TMK needs a few more quite easy mods to make it a true hold and cut, not cut and then hope it holds shear, and I think this unit has got massive potential.

This unit sadly isn't fitted with the new TMK Turbo ram, as I consider that possibly the biggest advancement in Tree Shears for quite some time, and once fitted would be even quicker in operation.

I'll get some images or video of it in action, but at a price that undercuts the bigger name rivals massively, and a sensible weight for a wide range of carriers, TMK have the makings of a real winner here.

Eddie.

IMG_0346.jpg.83d778c5076dbf139dd41d4a37d19a55.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg.2e9fa7760da3b532fd7feb38fa92673d.jpg

IMG_0349.jpg.a62a892479c6c947069cc38b03c4015c.jpg

Finally back up and running with a replacement in the form of a Komatsu PC240 18metre Long Reach that's had a few mods for the intended projects over the next few weeks.

It's had extra lines added to be able to use a Selector Grab, Case Drain for Mulcher, Guarding on front screen and top, plus rubber block pads for road work.

It's currently running the new into the UK, TMK 400 Shear from NCD Equipment, with Nick there very keen to get feedback on how it's performing.

First thing we noticed upon delivery was the fact the gripper arm left a considerable hole at the rear of the jaw when fully closed, and it was obvious that anything under 5" was in danger of being dropped.

A quick mod with a couple of plates sorted that, but obviously a slight corresponding drop in overall capacity.

The Komatsu is blessed with being able to set flows from the screen in the cab very easily, and we were able to dial the TMK up to a pretty impressive but controllable speed of operation.

So first afternoon out, and all I can say is this thing is light and very quick! No issues whatsoever on the long reach, even out full reach over the side, and to be honest direct mounted onto a top quick hitch I'd probably even put this this on an 8 tonner to try.

The 240 is obviously putting enough flow and pressure to make this TMK fly, but the whole unit suits what I would consider to be applications where the dropping of material is not of concern.

The TMK needs a few more quite easy mods to make it a true hold and cut, not cut and then hope it holds shear, and I think this unit has got massive potential.

This unit sadly isn't fitted with the new TMK Turbo ram, as I consider that possibly the biggest advancement in Tree Shears for quite some time, and once fitted would be even quicker in operation.

I'll get some images or video of it in action, but at a price that undercuts the bigger name rivals massively, and a sensible weight for a wide range of carriers, TMK have the makings of a real winner here.

Eddie.

Looks a little ungainly on that long reach machine, what sort of size pieces are you cutting with it?

Shear looks like a quality bit of kit though!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Thanks Stephen, need to work not only financially, but can't be doing with the uncertainty, I'd rather keep busy.

Suits the Komatsu perfectly, as it's a very light shear, I doubt it would even get the Westtech more than 3/4 out over the side without falling over!

Just taking the tops out closer to the road, but where it's safe, everything comes down whole, flush to the ground is easy with the TMK.

Eddie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just had the heads up that the Komatsu PC27 with Engcon Tiltrotator setup that's appeared on here via myself a few times will be coming up shortly.

Apparently it will be available with all the buckets and Timber Grab, and all I can say is you won't find another setup as sorted or tidy ready to go.

If anyone here is interested then best DM me quick as I doubt this will need any advertising, but it's just perfect for so many guys on here.:thumbup1:

Eddie.

Evening All.

I am looking for some advice please.

I am looking to buy a mini digger to help out with both tree work and landscaping builds.

The plan is to put a small grab (probably the one from riko) a post knocker and obviously buckets on the machine.

My main question is that my local dealer is case and have offered me a great deal on a new 1.8 CX18c and i have no real knowledge about their machines.

Has anyone has good/ bad experiences?

I want to go new as find 3 year warranty a big plus and been down the old machine routes in the past and with work load being high need reliable kit.

Any advice would be most welcome

Cheers jake