First ever job

Red.Squirrel

Thanks for all the comments guys, really encouraging, I thought I was gonna get ripped to pieces lol.

I hate my chinstrap, and whole helmet really when I'm on the ground but when I'm in the tree I simply don't notice either. As for the crane, I think that's well above and beyond me, not sure what she wants doing with the remainder, probs leave it till I get my CS39 then go back and finish the job lol.

As for the price, I was happy but I don't think anyone else would've been lol. But I was just happy for the experience, speaking of which, I'm gonna be putting a proper post in the employment section soon anyway but if anyone ever needs a hand in a few weeks time just draggin brash or groundie work I'd be more than happy for a few quid. I'm after an astravan so gonna need all the pennies I can scrape together ;).

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job mate and fair play for doing it all with a silky - I bet the arms were aching the next day lol.:thumbup:

I actually did my first ever job at the weekend but nothing as spectacular as that. Just topped nine conifers in a neighbours garden, again all I used was a silky but it got the job done and I was quite pleased with myself. They all looked level anyway!! If I get chance I post some before and after pictures.

Great job mate and fair play for doing it all with a silky - I bet the arms were aching the next day lol.:thumbup:

I actually did my first ever job at the weekend but nothing as spectacular as that. Just topped nine conifers in a neighbours garden, again all I used was a silky but it got the job done and I was quite pleased with myself. They all looked level anyway!! If I get chance I post some before and after pictures.

If I get chance indeed! Come on post the pics.

Bulls@#t "FACT" you obviously havent long left college cos back when men were men and boys were boys we all climbed in husqy lids and the moment we left college (1997) we wore just ear deffenders unless climbing for big client.

1997 isn't when men were men, men were men in the first half of the century not the last decade.

God, we even still had comfy bum then (andrex ) Men were men when they had to use leaves to wipe their butt's

:001_smile:

If I get chance indeed! Come on post the pics.

Here are the pics, reduced them all by about 5 - 6 foot. They had all been topped some years ago so they had mutiple stems coming up which made it more interesting. Not as impressive as red squirrel but we all have to start somewhere.

5976540468845_daveandannesconifersApr09002.jpg.e585a5c96b15e4757212141c235360bf.jpg

597654046a5a7_daveandannesconifersApr09003.jpg.e8a20b1648560a3257e8115e5d09f459.jpg

597654046d734_daveandannesconifersApr09004.jpg.cd2a6b33d9e979cb7b1ba628e7831bdb.jpg

Is there no one on here who could go help the lad finnish his job off?

I am sure he would love to finnish it off propper!

Working in the area , would only take a team an hour or so to finnish that off.

nice job by the way red squirel

Is there no one on here who could go help the lad finnish his job off?

I am sure he would love to finnish it off propper!

Working in the area , would only take a team an hour or so to finnish that off.

nice job by the way red squirel

Good point. Where is the job Squirrel?