First ever job

Red.Squirrel

Hey guys, just thought I'd add some pics of my first ever job. Was just done for me mums friend so not too much pressure thankfully.

Was a willow, all done with a silky saw as I don't have my chainsaw in a tree cert or any of the equipment needed, so just lots of elbow grease ;). Had to leave her with what you can see in the final pic as couldn't do any more with the silky but hopefully saved her a bit of cash as it only needs a quick dismantle now. Just used a some rope as a pulling line to be doubly sure the branches went the right way as quite a few was over the neighbours house.

All was happy with the final outcome but feel free to criticise and offer any advice.

1z4ft5g.jpg

2rcwvx3.jpg

mkyvso.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice job, hard work with just a silky!

i noticed the bark tear-out on the main leader, willow likes to tear and split, especially big stuff with only a silky... just be aware of what your tied to when cutting bigger spittly stuff, its easier to chase the split with a sharp chainsaw (and of course adequete undercuts and sapwood cuts to avid splitting in the first place). ramble ramble etc...

anyways, good job, keep up the practice:thumbup1:

Cheers for the responses. Where the bark has torn on the main leader was my first cut and I quickly learnt my lesson. Started scoring the bark underneath just incase, luckily I had a second anchor point away from the leader so wouldn't have been too serious. Glad it wasn't just my poor cuts that did it ;).

Don't think I've got that much elbow grease:001_smile:

i bet you crapped yourself with that big rip, where was your rope at the time?:scared1:we all started somewhere, i remember knocking my helmet right off my head with a top that came off and pulled down a branch on another tree, it sprang up and took it right off my head, i havent and would never wear a chin strap:ohmy::001_smile:good on you for having the balls to give it a go

Spikes woulda helped a lot for sure, took me ages to get up that long stem on the left.

It actually tore off just as it reached my rope, as I said I did have a second anchor point away from that but I had to stop for a sec to let my stomach settle :blushing:. Hopefully I should have a video of it soon as the woman's husband who was being my groundie for the day got it on his phone, would be good to see where it went wrong.