The t540xp Thread.

Old Mill Tree Care

Hi folks,

I've just got myself a new T540xp and wondered what one piece of advice you seasoned users could give me. I think maybe new chain and running in the saw will be a starting point, no?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Chuck the spark arrestor and get a full chisel.

I think the tech lite bars are pretty good , better than the ones that if come with any other saw.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bought mine last week used it for the first time yesterday...

First time I put the chain brake on a squeezed the trigger the chain still moved :confused1: only slightly and in a jerking motion but still ?? Anybody had this problem ? Suggestions how to fix it ?

Apart from that I love it !

Bought mine last week used it for the first time yesterday...

First time I put the chain brake on a squeezed the trigger the chain still moved :confused1: only slightly and in a jerking motion but still ?? Anybody had this problem ? Suggestions how to fix it ?

Apart from that I love it !

Why would you do that ? . Like putting ear plugs in then turning the radio up ....:001_smile:

Why would you do that ? . Like putting ear plugs in then turning the radio up ....:001_smile:

Using the throttle while the break is on you mean ? It's one of the safety checks I was show on my cs30/31. Apologies if I have misunderstood you ?

Using the throttle while the break is on you mean ? It's one of the safety checks I was show on my cs30/31. Apologies if I have misunderstood you ?

Yes that is what I meant . I find all this , what seems to me , obsession with the chain brake a little over the top . By all means check that it works . Snap it on once with the saw running flat stick but don't hold the T.W.O. once you know it works . Just waers clutches out prematurely .All this snapping it on every time you take a single step drives me nuts ! :biggrin: If the saw is idling the chain is not moving ( carb adjustment permitting ) . Just me and my mechanical sympathy............. :001_smile:

Did you ever change the disks and pads on your car? What do you need to keep in mind than?

Is your saw new? Is the clutchdrum new? Is the chain brake band new?

What do you have to keep in mind than?

All brake systems have to 'settle' before you can safely and 100% rely on it.

It's not a problem and there's no need to fix.

• 1 month later...
A quick look over the IPL shows 3.

One by the rope loop, one at the bottom of the side handle and the hidden one at the front attachment point on the top handle, underneath the on/switch as per the 020.

The AV spring by the strop loop bend very easily if you drop the saw on its strop . Changed it once but it bent again . Just ignore it now still works fine .