Husqvarna 61 1983 Advice

MattB1987

I have purchased two chainsaws off a customer who's husband passed away. They have never done much work. One is a Stihl ms200 back handle which is a lovely little saw. I know a bit about stihl's so am happy with that 1. The other is a 1983 Husqvarna 61 with a 18" guide bar (white top with metal chain brake). Not even a paint chip on it and in original box!! She can not find the manual for this one so am unsure on a few things, to start off with 25:1 or 50:1. I'm using the stihl red oil (which i mix 50:1 in my stihl equipment). I have started the saw but used 25:1 as i was unsure. Also what is the biggest guide bar i can get away with on the husky 61. It has an 18" on it and i was hoping to use a bigger one on it as i have an 18" on my stihl MS260. Also the husky is quite heavy so wouldn't use everyday as an 18" saw.

Any advice would be much appretiated.

Cheers

Matt.

I have purchased two chainsaws off a customer who's husband passed away. They have never done much work. One is a Stihl ms200 back handle which is a lovely little saw. I know a bit about stihl's so am happy with that 1. The other is a 1983 Husqvarna 61 with a 18" guide bar (white top with metal chain brake). Not even a paint chip on it and in original box!! She can not find the manual for this one so am unsure on a few things, to start off with 25:1 or 50:1. I'm using the stihl red oil (which i mix 50:1 in my stihl equipment). I have started the saw but used 25:1 as i was unsure. Also what is the biggest guide bar i can get away with on the husky 61. It has an 18" on it and i was hoping to use a bigger one on it as i have an 18" on my stihl MS260. Also the husky is quite heavy so wouldn't use everyday as an 18" saw.

Any advice would be much appretiated.

Cheers

Matt.

HI MATT im told there good old saw mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Thanks for all your help. I have decided to probably keep the saw as a back up or to get me out of trouble. I see on the husky guide bar that you have to grease the nose sprocket. What grease should i use??

I stopped greasing sprockets a few years ago . I think it attracts grit and dirt . I have had a couple dis integrate in the past . Since not greasing they have been fine .

Thanks for all your help. I have decided to probably keep the saw as a back up or to get me out of trouble. I see on the husky guide bar that you have to grease the nose sprocket. What grease should i use??

Red fluid grease

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App