New ear piercings and arb work…

tomrose.arb

Very bad idea. I have had two of these in the past and both were a nightmare to heal. This wasn't even working in the arb industry. Even going to sleep on them is painful. Will be a constant battle with infection and swelling. Even the tunnels I have had for nearly 15 years get sore sometimes.

Of the people I've worked with over the years who have had piercings, some in the personal regions, I can't think of any who have not been on antibiotics etc. I have also seen a few "wheecht" out as well, not nice to look at when your tongue is split in two.

I don't see the point of them myself friend. I don't know your work situation but it could be a barrier to employment as well. Why put yourself through the pain and hassle. If you need to look cool get a Protos Helmet.

Edited by Gnome
spolling and grammur, still not write

Of the people I've worked with over the years who have had piercings, some in the personal regions, I can't think of any who have not been on antibiotics etc. I have also seen a few "wheecht" out as well, not nice to look at when your tongue is split in two.

I don't see the point of them myself friend. I don't know your work situation but it could be a barrier to employment as well. Why put yourself through the pain and hassle. If you need to look cool get a Pierced Helmet.

Sorted your dodgy spelling mate.

I've nothing against any body art, it's purely individual, but if it leads to infections, blow outs or whatever, and that affects your ability to work, is that a good thing? In the past, I've worked for clients who have felt intimidated by pierced/tatted colleagues. No one should feel intimidated by anyone working on their premises, so maybe keep them discreet?

Sorted your dodgy spelling mate.

Brilliant. Think I might just have wee'd myself a little.

I think with that type of piercing you'd be opening yourself up for trouble. Easy to catch infections if it's encased in a sweaty ear muff for a while. I have/had two tunnels in my left ear. I've recently ditched the small one but coming home on the plane from the US I had some quality ear phones on for the duration of the trip which were quite a snug fit. By the time I got up the morning after arriving home I had an infection in one of the tunnels. The whole inner part of the tunnel had gone crusty and was oozing. A few days of antibiotic cream and no tunnel cleared it up but with a fresh piercing it might be something to think on. If you get an infection and it is bad it can lead to hard scar tissue. If you do have it done its worth taking it out regularly and leaving it out for a while as it can start to smell a little funky.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App