How to process firewood

Lukasfisch

Hi Sur tis better than some o ourn (English):001_tongue:

Nivver mine der German.

(I could always communicate sufficient to order beer when in Germany though)

Once, after a particularly tiring day on recce, breaking into pidgin:blushing: German in the NAFFI.

My how they laughed, funny thing was it took me ages to figger out why or what they were laughing at:confused1:.

Ps

Do Bindenberger not produce something like what you are looking for? Blue paint and hot dip galvanised machines.

cheers

marcus

i dont understand a word :laugh1:

but yeah binderberger makes some type of machines... i asked some prices..a im waiting the answer now..

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the sort of volume you are looking at processing per hour is very large and for this reasion the machine would be only half my worries as you are not looking at one pice of kit but a hole production line, as 10 tonnes/ hour is 1 tone every 6 minutes so i take it

what do you do with the processed wood (store and sell it)

Byproducts handling ie sawdust splinters bark etc

handling of the round wood to feed the processer

Quality and type of timber being processed

What Equiment do you have at the minute

Your yard space and acess shed lay out

Health & Saftey

you may want to holding a limited stock pile of round wood in the yard (ie 2 weeks of timber), as it may be easier to have a lorry on the road all the time as you can load stright in to the processer off it

Number of Staff

Amount of Down Time that is acceaptable

size of you stock piles of processed wood and how long they would last

are you processing 6 days a week or one day a week

Whats the total volume per year

these are all question you have to ask your self, and you want to be looking at sawmill lines as what you are asking is huge , and

as you say you want to run the machine for 4 hours a day at 10tonne per hour Minumm that is still 4 hours it sitting idle per day (8 Hour day) as it not continuos production, i would be looking at how you can up you up the running hours, because it not like wood is hard on plant you may want to replace a saw blade, but other wise there is next to no reasion for down time as they are very simple machines, so i would be looking at it as a production line as 2 guys could run it just about non stop by them selfs very easly ( one operating the machine and the other loading the in feed and handling the split logs) though 3 would make it easier,

i hope it helps and goodluck

hi, thank you for the answer!

i have a big place to store wood, it's not a problem...

now i have a production line with different little machines... and i need to increase the production... this little machines always need maintenence... and i loose a lot of time... i am not an expert in big machines...so i asked here :001_smile:, i can use 2 operators.. if it's neccesary max 3

i saw different machines...but i cant understand the difference and the quality.. i think the most important thing is the speed and the power of the processor..but maybe other things are more important...

hi, thank you for the answer!

i have a big place to store wood, it's not a problem...

now i have a production line with different little machines... and i need to increase the production... this little machines always need maintenence... and i loose a lot of time... i am not an expert in big machines...so i asked here :001_smile:, i can use 2 operators.. if it's neccesary max 3

i saw different machines...but i cant understand the difference and the quality.. i think the most important thing is the speed and the power of the processor..but maybe other things are more important...

it not easy and I would not just look at machines but also operate them as that will tell you loads

Our mutual overlord was talking about a possible demonstration of this machine in the wood I manage. Perhaps we could have a 'process off' You with the multitek, me with my chainsaw bench, 8 tonne electric splitter and a hearty breakfast!

Just an observation but looking at all the processors posted the Pinosa is the only one that appears to make salable logs. Those American machines leave epicly big logs that would not fit into most wood burners I have seen. Yes I realise length can be adjusted but an 8 way splitter on 16" + logs is way too big IMO.