Whats the cost of CS30/31 these days?

Woodworks

what about us employers we have to pay lads wage for week on top of his training for the week and for that week that lad hasnt earnt the company anything

in forestry our margins are very slim so it hurts our pocket but what can you do. i believe in training and safety first but this industry what with fisa training and refresher courses its no joke

joy

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really?

I only earn at best £500 pound a week and this lad is probably earning nearer £300.

If one to one training maybe but I presume there would be 4 or 5 on the course so £3180 for 4 people then a £1000 for the guy running it where does the rest go?

Sorry not having a go at you but this a low paid area and to me this is a hell of a lot of money.

Exactly why I've not done mine, have been booked on 3 times over the years and every time the course was cancelled for one reason or another, no way I can afford thick end of a thousand pound plus losing a weeks wages nowadays, I was thinking about it earlier today, as I know an asessor who offered to just do me an asessment without having to do the course the other year, will have to ring him and see what the crack is :001_cool:

I agree its an awful lot, but anyone doing self employed work of this nature needs to factor tickets in for their insurance to be valid, this cost all has to be included in their wage.

You say that Mat and I presume it is normally the case but I had chat with an insurance company who did not want to know what work I was doing or my tickets.

Yes, maybe, but I'm fairly sure if it came down to a claim they would want to see proof of competancy on the saw (assuming thats the cause of the claim!).

Trouble is with these tickets, much like everything else, its a money making exercise and so have no reason to be cheaper even if to us the costs don't add up, I'm pretty sure the colleges don't really give two hoots weather they are helping competancy in the workplace or not.

Merrist wood are charging me £750 for five days training, plus I then need to pay for the test , so add another £150.

I wouldn't mind but after working on the saws for 11 years I have to do the full course and can't do the cheeper refresher course.

Best part if of a months pay with my current job=(

If you have been working on saws for 11 years why are you doing the training:confused1:

Download the spec from NPTC and just pay for the assessment