XP550 problems

Janlogger

Got a 10 month old XP550 and its going back to the dealer for the 3rd time this year ... it just won't fire this time after giving no warning signs!!

I had the chain brake replaced under warranty, some new sensor jobby rearranged at the same time, that wasn't put in right so it went back again, seemed to be ok for a while and now it just won't fire ... its going in tomorrow, these XP's do not have a good rep, mine so far has proved unfit for purpose, to be fair its been s**t!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 560xp has just got kicked back to the dealer for some problem, just stoped and will not start again, it fires but will not run, falty coil/carb problem acording to the teck bloke. Its getting hooked up to a computer tomorow for a good talking too and with a bit of luck it will be back working again aparintly could have something to do with this mad weather, cold and wet one day and hot sunny the next messing with the auto tune.

we shall awate the phonecall tomorrow!

Well the computer told us that my saw has worked for 585hrs

Started 1850 ish times

Had a few tanks of high ethanol fuel in it

Been over revved twice

And nipped 1ns

And now running lean as getting air in somewhere so Auto tune carnt cope with balancing it out with fuel.

Solution a new piston and barrel under warranty as could have been a problem from the last rebuild of a whole New crank case from sheared bolts.

Would I have another 560xp........... Hell yes it's the best saw I've had in 16 years to use just also the most troublesome.

Well the computer told us that my saw has worked for 585hrs

Started 1850 ish times

Had a few tanks of high ethanol fuel in it

Been over revved twice

And nipped 1ns

And now running lean as getting air in somewhere so Auto tune carnt cope with balancing it out with fuel.

Solution a new piston and barrel under warranty as could have been a problem from the last rebuild of a whole New crank case from sheared bolts.

Would I have another 560xp........... Hell yes it's the best saw I've had in 16 years to use just also the most troublesome.

God I am lucky 2011 saw . Within 2 weeks new carb under warranty . Then sent to petmate for tweeking . Never let me down since . Used to day and its a loony ! :biggrin:

Think I got a last thing Friday night saw as this is 5th warranty job On it.

Got to give my local dealer in northallerton a big thankyou for all the hrs put into this saw but was about to drive up to husky in newtonaycliff and start asking what the..... they are going to do with this one yesterday. Carmed down now but a but short sawed at the moment as a 460 is a bit overkill for what we are doing. Toying with getting a 550 if I get a good offer from dealers tomorrow? Or from husky as a sorry for all the hassle. Hint hint hint... with they had a representative On arbtalk ;)

I'm afraid I'm not overly impressed with the new series, they're lovely saws to use, but the casing is very flimsy, my work mate is very careful with his saws but pieces of plastic have broken off very easily and can't be replaced without replacing the whole fuel tank, so now sawdust gets into the air filter compartment.

Built too lightly IMO. And problems starting warm I find.

I'm afraid I'm not overly impressed with the new series, they're lovely saws to use, but the casing is very flimsy, my work mate is very careful with his saws but pieces of plastic have broken off very easily and can't be replaced without replacing the whole fuel tank, so now sawdust gets into the air filter compartment.

Built too lightly IMO. And problems starting warm I find.

The warm starting problem is an issue that has been recognised by husky and should be sorted out regardless of warranty ... take it to a dealer or try husky direct.

I have taken my 550 back for the 3rd time, now the dealer is hoping to get authority from husky to swap the saw for another. Apparently the inherent problems dogging this saw have been ironed out with new batches of saws ... so here's hoping as when they are running they are a great saw. I use a 15" bar all the time and have an 18" on standyby which so far I have never used in the 10 months of owning it.