can you help me price this serious answers only

philip2011

i have been asked to price this up i have eddited the email for clients pourposes what would you charge

We are looking for quotations for maintaining lawns and shrubberies at our Head Office in for next year and also for my garden, lawns and trees the main job is to cut approx. half an acre of grass every two weeks, and to keep the shrubberies weed free, (they are quite small), but also to spray and strim twice a year approx. 200 metres of path edge along the riverside. it's approx. one acre of lawn to cut every two weeks in the season and also a further two thirds of an acre of woodland and driveway edge that needs cutting whenever required, probably four times a year. at the year end there's a general clean up to do which includes some quite high tree branches to be cut back and two tall 8ft. hedges to be cut back, each one about 20 yards long. Also, some time in the next two months at there are some tree branches to be cut off and a medium sized sycamore to cut down and chop up for logs. there's a 400 yards long driveway which needs a footpath mowing about three times a year.

cheers phil

You should go out and look at the job. Then go around with the client and get them to show you what tree work needs doing, if you are a tree surgeon with the realavant certs and insurance you should be able to sort a price out for that work based on your daily running costs. The grass cutting should be based on what you would charge for grass cutting and strimming. As for how much you charge for this kind of work depends on your running costs and what you want as a wage.

If it was me, I'd quote for the one-off (felling etc) separately from the ongoing maintenance (If I was buying it would also be the way I'd want it). I'd also ask (in a letter or email just so I had a record) if he wanted the private work quoted for and invoiced separately from the business work, but then I can be bloody minded :)

If it was me, I'd quote for the one-off (felling etc) separately from the ongoing maintenance (If I was buying it would also be the way I'd want it). I'd also ask (in a letter or email just so I had a record) if he wanted the private work quoted for and invoiced separately from the business work, but then I can be bloody minded :)

Separating the one-off stuff (and discussing the spec more thoroughly) from the maintenance sounds like a good idea.

Sorry

That was though a serious answer. How many times!!!!

We've all been there.

The guy wants a price and knowing this may help him make a bit more profit.

The reality will come out with a face to face meet and he'll know when he gets asked to invoice a certain way.

The OP is asking for guidance on price.

No one on here could price from the information given. We're just able to give business advice. That was mine. I'm not thinking he'll take it as a definate but to consider this aspect.

Obviously he shouldn't assume but....................

rung the director today no answer so left message from who i have spoken to he wants the jobs pricing separate obviously one price for the business and one price for the personal side ( not how i would do it personally i would put it all thru the business but that's my opinion ) as i have not seen his estate yet i cant comment on the price but from what i have seen on the business side do you think 300 every two weeks is too steep or to low please bare in mind this is my first business contract i have had to price up so i am compleatley in the dark

if you do not mind saying what are you going to cut the grass with i have a zero turn so can cut largish area in a short time. also depends on size of deck of mower. is it ok to mulch or is cut and collect if latter got to work this into quote to remove clippings. the ones i do its done per cut i do 14 times a year so they pay x per cut. as it has been warm still got one more cut to do.

plus i charge for doing hedges. and for doing other jobs.

if you can give more details on kit you have may be able to give you a ball park price.