My stihl won't run on Aspen - problem solved

Marcl

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, can't fault Eddie. He really is doing all he can for Aspen and it's customers.

Just a liitle update from the shop. He rang me this morning and said he has cleaned the carb, diaphragm is good etc, machine is now running like new, there was no dirt in the carb. He said there was a little oil but not sure if that was making the needle stick a little, says he is not sure. But no charge, so that's good. Credit to him and Eddie.

Marc.

Yep, can't fault Eddie. He really is doing all he can for Aspen and it's customers.

Just a liitle update from the shop. He rang me this morning and said he has cleaned the carb, diaphragm is good etc, machine is now running like new, there was no dirt in the carb. He said there was a little oil but not sure if that was making the needle stick a little, says he is not sure. But no charge, so that's good. Credit to him and Eddie.

Marc.

Hi Marc,

Great news!! Means you can get your jobs done.

I will still come up and see Redblade Mowers and yourself on Wednesday.

Come and see me at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show this weekend Stafford County Showground stand 209 main hall Aspen is not just for garden machinery!

Hi Marc,

Great news!! Means you can get your jobs done.

I will still come up and see Redblade Mowers and yourself on Wednesday.

Come and see me at the Classic Motorcycle Mechanics Show this weekend Stafford County Showground stand 209 main hall Aspen is not just for garden machinery!

If you're in stafford it might be worth pitching aspen's green credentials to staffs wildlife trust, and other conservation charities round here

Might pop up and see you being as it's just up the road

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you're in stafford it might be worth pitching aspen's green credentials to staffs wildlife trust, and other conservation charities round here

Might pop up and see you being as it's just up the road

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi Eddy,

Yes I would be more than happy to see Staffs Wildlife trust. I won't have time on this trip, do you have a contact for them?

Be great to see you.

All the best

Eddie

Marc.

Nice result there Marc.

Panic over!!!

Interesting to hear about the aspen issues, i run a tank of it through my saws after every five litres of two stroke/petrol mix and i've never had any problems with starting or performance. Aspen is too expensive to run in my saws all the time so i think i'm getting the best of both worlds. They say Aspen burns hotter that pump petrol so maybe it's harder on the engine over a long period of time. Swings and roundabouts!

They say Aspen burns hotter that pump petrol so maybe it's harder on the engine over a long period of time.

Who are 'THEY'?

I have perhaps 'converted' more operators to Aspen than most others, certainly more than anyone on this forum and have never experienced a hotter burn than petrol.

Certainly a smoother engine and possibly very slightly higher power as a result, but not hotter.

Aspen is without any doubt kinder on an engine than pump fuel and a longer engine life can be expected.