Are we going to get black outs this winter ?

gensetsteve

I am getting a lot of emails and messages from people not to mention a lot of work :thumbup1: asking if the light are going to go out. My answer is the same as it was with the millenium bug, no idea.

But for the last few years London has come close on many occasions and we now have less capacity than ever before.

The government are playing hardball with the energy giants over their pricing and when asked about power security they are not making any comments.

If you have a little petrol set tucked away get it out and change the petrol :thumbup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think i will tell poeple its more likely than ever, so get the logs in just in case:thumbup:

if it does not happen look on the bright side, you did not lose your lights and you got extra wood to use and you help us all out

i think prices might have to change:thumbup1:

what you think:confused1:

er,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

no eleci

no tinternet

no mobile

no emmerdale or corrie

no orders

sh?t

might have to talk to missis,,,,,,,,,,,,how do you do that.?

on the otherhand,,, might actually get some work done, no phone ringing just when you are actually doing something productive.

same for all country, might be a godsend and productivity goes up.

good job i designed the bosky to gravity feed the house CH. and am on off grid water.

roll on. but general public ? riots and army on streets, panic buying of tat.

oh dear oh dear

Mmmm not so good here.

Own water borehole, pumped.

Gravity fed oil CH or back boiler, elec pump.

Pumped grey water/sewage to septic.

Elec cooking.

No mob signal, so elec landline.

Get cut off at some point most winters, but never felt the need to invest in a gena. What's the ball park for diesel one that would run a house on careful usage?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I could do with some info regarding a generator - Wood fired preferred ;-)

We have our range and DHW and CH running off wood. But obviously the pump needs elecy.

Is it possible to have a kind of quick fit connection added to the system to plug in a generator. I hope I don't sound dim but I have no idea about how they work. I assumed you plug your lecy items into the gen. Not sure how easy it would be with the boiler system.

I very much doubt it will happen, at least not for any length of time, might get a short blackout or so, designed by greedy energy providers to make a political point.

Mendi plogs will no doubt have one every Friday night..... cider induced!:biggrin:

I could do with some info regarding a generator - Wood fired preferred ;-)

We have our range and DHW and CH running off wood. But obviously the pump needs elecy.

Is it possible to have a kind of quick fit connection added to the system to plug in a generator. I hope I don't sound dim but I have no idea about how they work. I assumed you plug your lecy items into the gen. Not sure how easy it would be with the boiler system.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i3-w6MZP1U]My Wood Stove runs a generator - YouTube[/ame]