Stove fans..... Worth it?

Climber85

Hi,

Looking at getting one and wondered if it was worth spending the money on it? Looking at trying to push the heat out the living room door.

If you have one please let me know what make it is and what you think,

Cheers guys

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had our Hamlet several years now.Saved the cost of the stove against heating first year.We live in a bungalow and the back of the chimney breast is in the hallway.Helps with circulating the heat.

Doors all need to be open through the house, but it seems to keep everywhere warm.Gets a bit too hot in the front room though sometimes.Although we burn mostly logs, i do get a bit of coal brickette type stuff if its particularly cold and i want it to run through the night.

Couldnt be without it now.Its got that `caveman`appeal to it.

In answer to the original question, Stove Fans are pretty good as far as I can tell. A friend in Aviemore has one on his wee Dunsley, and it does send the heat down the corridor from the living room rather well. Being a Sterling Engine, it's also mesmerizing to watch.

Hi,

Looking at getting one and wondered if it was worth spending the money on it? Looking at trying to push the heat out the living room door.

If you have one please let me know what make it is and what you think,

Cheers guys

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hi I got 3 woodburners 2 stovax a 5kw a 8 kw and a 12 kw invicta if you've got a free supply of wood and always will have they are well worth it, buy slightly bigger than you need and it will throw heat out around the house also you can get a bigger log in which saves time and effort !:thumbup1:

Yes a fan of stoves... and stove fans.

Our Ecofan is shifting the heat out of our living room door quite nicely, where it can then get up the stairs.

Our living room is open in to the kitchen, which when the oven and stove were both on became unbearable. The Ecofan cured that.

Get a genuine one though.