4X4 Tippers

MAX

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh well can't claim every job, i should concentrate on getting the jobs i can do!!!

This is such a good point,you can sometimes try to hard to have a setup for every job,when you could specialize on the work your best at and have the best gear for that work,i realized a while back that there is a lot more work out there than you think and there no way any of use could do it all,this is important when you quote,its better to set your price and try to stick to it ,within reason,if you quote say £350 for a job and your competitor wins the job for £300,don't be tempted to drop on your next quote,he may then drop to £280 and so on,but if you can stick to what you feel is a fair price,when he's doing the job he may well ask the customer what other prices they had,when he hears you quoted £350 the next time he quotes he may well raise his price to £330 or £340,he want's to beat your price but only by enough to win the job and if you make the quality of your work the best there is people will pay a little more to get that,it works for me, you may not agree:wave:

ive got a 4wd canter tipper,excelent for sandy verges and offroad.the low range gives you the abilty to crawl over really rough terrian,on a recent job drove 40 klms on a really crap track took 3 hours to get there for 3 hours work 3 hours back all towing a 12'' chipper average speed 13 klms hour, soul destroying

yeah got a 4x4 canter tipper here too. no good for proper off road work but still lets me get to work that otherwise would be impossible. tows a vermeer bc1000 all day and the low range is really useful, its got me out of trouble a couple of times but good tyres are essential. Dunlop super grippers seem to work best here.

i'll say it again, I wish we could get Landcruiser pick-ups/utes over here

There was a very tasty Land Rover Discovery ute in one of the mags this year. Big towing capacity and a pleasant cab to be in, pretty good setup IMO. He'd stretched the chassis out from 100in to 120in and put on a 'trayback'/ low drop side.

If anyone is after a fairly cheap 130 to convert, they seem to come out throughWitham's MOD sales fairly regularly, vehicles at around £5k, although you'd need to get a body sorted. I can't see the point of throwing well over £20k at a vehicle that you're going to adapt and go to work in (ie try to bend), but maybe I'm just too tight in that department. Let the MOD take the depreciation. Nene Overland and Keith Gott do them as well.

Nene overland ain't cheap!! The defender centre at Sturbridge is good as is G&S Drake at Wakefield, I hear what your saying about shelling out on works vehicles, However personally I don't try and bend mine in actual fact I avoid if at all possible. My vehicle is my office, so I like it nice and smart, also find a nice smart vehicle is a good advertising tool.

• 1 month later...
legally i dont think you can use them on a trailor as the hopper height is affected but then again if you take it off and use it on uneven ground you will do the same but would be harder to explain to a h&s guy if some thing went wrong

all that said i,ve been there and chipped on trailers

Well if something does go wrong just take it off the trailer before the h&s dude turns up.