I hate it when someone says!

eggsarascal

Now, I deal with all sorts of people. But this situation always catches me on the hop. Mrs Egg has got a local bloke (that we don't know, that well) to get us some scaffold boards (for raised veg beds). I asked him what I owed him today, he said they are old boards that we can have FOC. I gave him £20 for a drink. How do you deal with these sort of things?

Now, I deal with all sorts of people. But this situation always catches me on the hop. Mrs Egg has got a local bloke (that we don't know, that well) to get us some scaffold boards (for raised veg beds). I asked him what I owed him today, he said they are old boards that we can have FOC. I gave him £20 for a drink. How do you deal with these sort of things?

Do as you did and give him a drink pay and be paid.

I tend to believe that things come and go around, so, he's done you a good turn on the planks - if they're old as he says it probably gets rid of them quickly and easily for him. If you've ever done anyone a good turn, then treat this as a bit of payment for that, or the next time you do someone a favour think of that as a bit of payment.

Also, have the good grace to accept his generosity, without being suspicious of him wanting something directly back in return. It makes for a very cynical and nasty world if everyone's always looking over their shoulder wondering what other's motives are.

Exactly what I,d do. You never know when you may want another favour:thumbup1:

HI EGGS nice one there im pulling your leg now mate 2 years they will ROT OUT mate :thumbup1:see you soon jon :thumbup: