Back leaner

RC0

Pulling a back leaner. Tree was about 80-85ft. Scott used the pole saw from the roof to shorten some side limbs that would've clipped the gutters on the way passed.

Shaving the bark previously, bogged up the air-filter on the 390. I otherwise wouldn't make a habit of trying to clean it during a falling cut. I switched to the 3120 to get a fast accurate back-cut.

Fitting the trunk through the intended gap was easy enough, but we had to carefully consider and study the longer limbs high up, in how and where they might impact the shubs near the end of the garden. Thankfully we judged it right.

We used a Warn Truck winch for the pull, set about half way up the tree, with a back-up line set high in the top. Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOexpdiEf5s]Back leaner web - YouTube[/ame]

Not bad for your first day:lol::lol::lol:

With you doing lots of big tree falling, does the adrenalin feeling ever go away?

or do you think it gets worse with more experience and knowledge?

I don't get that many opportunities for big fells, but always get the rush until it's safely on the ground. I don't know whether with experience you understand more of things that can cause everything to go wrong which heightens the experience. Sorry if I'm not being clear. It may just be me who gets a raised pulse and the fight or flight symptoms:lol:

Thanks a lot

Not bad for your first day:lol::lol::lol:

With you doing lots of big tree falling, does the adrenalin feeling ever go away?

or do you think it gets worse with more experience and knowledge?

I don't get that many opportunities for big fells, but always get the rush until it's safely on the ground. I don't know whether with experience you understand more of things that can cause everything to go wrong which heightens the experience. Sorry if I'm not being clear. It may just be me who gets a raised pulse and the fight or flight symptoms:lol:

It generally works the opposite way. With experience, knowledge and repetition you get calmer....or at least that's how it is for most people, I think.

I still have bad moments....usually on dead firs for one reason or another. Calm but heightened senses is where you want to be. Focused but level headed.

But you know, its often the easy ones that'll get you,....when you drop your guard or turn your back.