Bandit 65 spout extension MK2

Dean Lofthouse

It has a trap door under the bottom roller which is supposed to let stones and debris drop out instead of going through the machine, it helps a little having that open but a pile of chip builds up rapidly under the chipper which you have to keep shovelling up

Can't you find some sort of tray to slide under and when it's full you can tip it into the chip box? Some sort of wide shallow tray like them ones that all the shops sell to store spare clothes under your bed?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem I think, is the size or depth of the teeth on the rollers. They are quite high so big lumps of deadwood drop inbetween the teeth and are carried round the roller till they jam on the housing.

Most of the time the power of the roller just shears the wood but the energy or horsepower lost must be a lot

I am really surprised to see you are having probs with the bandit- I was always led to believe that along with schleising and vermeer they are the best chippers. Sorry to hear it mate.

It is still a very good chipper Tom :thumbup1:

These problems are silly niggles that, for a manufacturer, are easy to solve. Infact I'd go as far as to say it is even easy to solve if you have a very basic knowledge of engineering.

Why bandit haven't solved them I dont know..

There again.... Why haven't Timberwolf solved the problem of their chippers not having a letterbox opening yet.... all makes have their faults :laugh1:

Mine is stock bottom roller Jonny, they did offer to do the bottom roller but I had to take the chipper into them up north and leave it.

I asked them to just send me the new roller and I would fit it and send them the old one back but they wouldn't

You dont happen to have a photo of the bottom roller do you, I could probably weld stock bar in myself in an hour or so. Just need to know the thickness of the bar they use

Thats just poor of Bandit tbh:thumbdown:

Sending you the parts should be the least they can do.

The best would be to send someone up to you with a free hire machine while they repair then redeliver your one.

Its obviously a known problem so why they cant do the above is a joke!

No problem Dean. I will caliper the bar when I get home this weekend and sort a couple of photos of the roller out.

Grinding the "holders" that set the height of the top roller also seemed to help the situation a lot and is a fairly simple thing to do.