Bigger arb trucks

Horatio

Lots of people comment on the load capacity of the Iveco 4x4, I personally think being able to carry 7 cubic meters of woodchip is ample for everyday tree work. Any more capacity would mean no off road capability? Ok a LWB mog but not very practicalfor everyday domestic tree work. You mention you can fill 10 cube in 35-40 mins, you see I would be logging a lot of that up for extra income.

I think its the ultimate Arb vehicle!

The ultimate Arb vehicle depends entirely on what sort of work you are doing and what your needs are ,some times I don't have to tip for several days the extra capacity comes in handy when we are taking down large leylandii etc which we would not bother to log up ,waste of time!! Also I have markets for good quality woodchip so larger diameter softwood makes good chip.

I said that we did not need off road capability were in East Anglia which is Mostly Flat and Dry and most of our work is domestic or roadside/site.

The Figure of 37k came from a quote we had 18 months to 2 years ago for an iveco / scam to mount an access platform on in Europe and was just for a chassis cab . Obviously things have gone up since it became an Iveco:001_rolleyes:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said this before on here but here we go again. I dont see the point in flogging a transit or small truck to death if its outside of the size of vehicle you really need. If you need a proper truck go and get the correct license to drive one. Its a few days out of your life and a few quid that is all tax deductable. With all the money some people throw at kit perhaps they should spend some on themselves and make their lives a lot easier. The bigger trucks are also cheaper to buy and the extra fuel they use is a non issue because they stay put all day rather than too and fro with tiny amounts of chip etc. No one on here with a decent sized truck would trade down which says it all.

Bob

I have said this before on here but here we go again. I dont see the point in flogging a transit or small truck to death if its outside of the size of vehicle you really need. If you need a proper truck go and get the correct license to drive one. Its a few days out of your life and a few quid that is all tax deductable. With all the money some people throw at kit perhaps they should spend some on themselves and make their lives a lot easier. The bigger trucks are also cheaper to buy and the extra fuel they use is a non issue because they stay put all day rather than too and fro with tiny amounts of chip etc. No one on here with a decent sized truck would trade down which says it all.

Bob

This comment and Philips are pure good sense (apart from the shorts comment- when its warm enough for shorts in Northumberland you wear them!).

There is no such thing as the ideal combo of truck and chipper for all arb situations.