best atatchment for manitou

roglog

Looking at your avatar, the best bet with the rings (if you can't just stove into them with the bucket) would be to load them with your digger grab into the bucket.

For the cord, I'd be tempted to do the same, but onto the pallet forks. You can get pallet forks with a log clamp on top, but these only work if the cord is stacked nice and neat on hard ground.

Funny enough, when we lift bonfire debris, old mattresses and commercial tyre remains.

The loader tractor tows the wee 2250kg digger to the site.

The toy of a digger then fills the large tractor bucket (with the back of the sheaugh bucket) Tidying in any snotters as needed.

Tractor transports a full bucketful to the lorry on the hard.

This actually works surprising well.

It takes a second man....................but he drives the lorry when it is full.

So the circle is squared.

No abuse of the tractor clutch either chasing the stuff round in an attempt to fill the bucket.

I am looking to move timber with my Manitou telehandler, a have lots of cord and also piles of rings than need shifting.

anyone got any thing suitable for sale or recommend anything?

thanks

I put some 6ft long tubes over the tines on the muck fork to get a bit of carrying capacity, they fall off when you tip into the stack, but its only occasional use.

Pallet forks are ok for a couple of bits but really dont carry much, I have made some stillages for long bits

P1004019.jpg.5b74d8f9c05d4460d3e480f6b58a1c4b.jpg

I put some 6ft long tubes over the tines on the muck fork to get a bit of carrying capacity, they fall off when you tip into the stack, but its only occasional use.

Pallet forks are ok for a couple of bits but really dont carry much, I have made some stillages for long bits

If you're capable enough to make those stillages, I'd have thought you'd have been capable enough to stick an M12 bolt into the tubes to act as a grubscrew! :lol:

We have got a twin beak on our Fdi telehandler that also has four conventional forklift tines. Its the best of both worlds because it will still grab up 4` diameter sticks and can still be used as a forklift. we have a 3yard bin that slides onto the forks to load rings and chogs over the side of the bulker trailer. I will take some snaps of it.

Bob

[ATTACH]132134[/ATTACH]That's what I use mate it's a Sanderson muck grab. It's very robust and is much safer than pallet forks when moving timber

Looking at your bent tines, it's not that robust. It may be safer, but moving timber especially on rough ground is a recipe for bent tines.