461 or 441 with heated handles??

jamesd

I need a new medium saw and was wandering what people thought of the 441 or 461? I was thinking 441 with heated handles? but are there more advantages from a bit more hp from the 461?

What do you guys think? i'll be running it on a 20" bar most of the time but i will have still have the option of going up to a 25" ifd i need to.

Cheers James

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a new medium saw and was wandering what people thought of the 441 or 461? I was thinking 441 with heated handles? but are there more advantages from a bit more hp from the 461?

What do you guys think? i'll be running it on a 20" bar most of the time but i will have still have the option of going up to a 25" ifd i need to.

Cheers James

HI JAMES a 461 has far more then a 441 we run a 461 on a 20" bar it a very good saw mate lots of power to thanks jon :thumbup:

Cheers the 460 is only a tiny bit more powerful than the 441 will do you really notice a difference?

I never really liked the 441 always felt like a rev hungry soft wood saw. The 460 now replaced by the 461 is an all round better saw, its also the build we had 2 441's both have fallen to bits and are no longer used, the 460/1's which are used and abused regularly are still going strong. The only thing that stops them working is getting stolen! Wish they'd steal the 441's!

HI JAMES a 461 has far more then a 441 we run a 461 on a 20" bar it a very good saw mate lots of power to thanks jon :thumbup:

Cheers the 460 is only a tiny bit more powerful than the 441 will do you really notice a difference?

The MS 461 (or MS 460) has about 5% more power than the MS 441, so I would agree with "tiny bit more" rather than "far more" power.

To compare chainsaw power/weight (manufacturers specs) for various brands and models, refer to this list that I compiled some time back http://bit.ly/chainsaw-data