A Sad day, not helped by HSE madness.

PeteB

was that from the funeral service

if so or to whoever put the form there i think a word in there ear would be worthy to show the error of there ways

the sad thing is it,s probably as a result of some ones claim

sorry for your loss sir

pay the bill in change and only give em £50 at a time for fear of them lifting too much weight

sorry to hear that mate, if they had asked me to sign a disclaimer when i burried my granddad last year i would have punched them square in the jaw but then again i was angry that i hadnt spent much time with him before he passed

Sorry to hear of your loss pete. I would consider having a word with the trade body for funeral directors as i'm pretty sure they have a code of practice and that somewhere in there will be something about respecting the vulnerability of the bereaved.

What has this pathetic country come too? to think of all the thousands of lives lost in wars fighting for this country and we end up with a mad shite hole like this gets to me:mad1:.............rant over, sorry for your loss pete, all the best to you and his family and greenmech friends.

today i (and virtually all at greenmech) went to a friends funeral. Pete brookes was arguable the best welder, fabricator that greenmech employed - indeed tony turner commented that in his 50 years as a manufacturer he could not think of better guy. Pete was really talented, always happy and gifted in many ways, the type of bloke who would lend a hand before being asked, knew steel inside out, always looked at what he was doing to see if it could be improved. He died aged 57 after a battle against a brain tumour - he worked upto the last moment possible, whilst knowing that his time was limited. We all miss him.

His pall bearers included his son, best mates and a member of greenmech staff. As his coffin was put on a trestle at the graveside, the pall bearers were asked to sign a disclaimer (rested on the coffin lid) saying that they would not sue if they injured themselves whilst lowering pete into his grave.

How absolutely abominal is that. Surely this arrangement could have been handled with a bit more sympathy and forethought.

R.i.p pete anthony brooks.

i have heard of this happening several times before its a sad time that everyone is wanting to sue but its afact of life that these prats sitting in their ivory towers have not got enough proper important jobs to do play into the hands of these people wanting to make easy money.

Yes, but I don't think it is right to blame HSE. More likely an over-keen consultant or member of staff at teh Funeral Directors.

HSE gets blamed for many of the bonkers silliness, but they are about preservign health and safety, not stopping us living our lives.

Go to the HSE website, and they have a list of H&S myths...

Sad story