Crazy prices

farmer_ben

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all serious though, if there is a guy down the rd selling logs half the price you are, doesnt it make perfect sense to buy him out of his stock? in the process you would be buying most of his customers as well....I no its not something that in reality happens very often but shall it makes sense!

To right, that should open his eyes especially if trading standards are threatened once he produces a half cube bag.

A

I think this gets to the nub of it, chaps. How many times have you delivered to a customer and they've been amazed at how much is in "a cube", because your predecessor has been selling them a ton bag as a cube?

Those 3.5 cubes may turn out to be less than 2...

I think this gets to the nub of it, chaps. How many times have you delivered to a customer and they've been amazed at how much is in "a cube", because your predecessor has been selling them a ton bag as a cube?

Those 3.5 cubes may turn out to be less than 2...

yeh i agree, but in this instance he sells bulk in truck and trailer not bags

yeh i agree, but in this instance he sells bulk in truck and trailer not bags

if hes truck and trailer find out if he has a tacho your not allowed to deliver logs with a trailer without one. and check what weight hes delivering as i said elsewhere i got done last week overloading (700kg) thought i was fine with 4 bags 250kg each but i hadnt accounted my weight or the helper the saws or all the junk under the seats. vans stripped down to bare essentials now but think ill still struggle to manage 3 bags.

if hes truck and trailer find out if he has a tacho your not allowed to deliver logs with a trailer without one. and check what weight hes delivering as i said elsewhere i got done last week overloading (700kg) thought i was fine with 4 bags 250kg each but i hadnt accounted my weight or the helper the saws or all the junk under the seats. vans stripped down to bare essentials now but think ill still struggle to manage 3 bags.

tbh honest i dont really care enough to go into all that. its not a witch hunt, just ponering over to buy a load of off him! thanks though :)

Just seen an advert from another local firewood guy, summer special £175 for 3.5 cube seasoned. Think I will either offer to buy the whole lot off of him or wait till he has sold out and all his customers head my direction (hopefully). Makes my summer special price look...not to special!

Seen an advert near me for that price, turn out there straight out of a wood green and they say they will be dry by winter :laugh1:

You are saying to cheap but if he has done his maths and is making out of it good on him treating people to cheap heat but he may run out and there you go