Crazy prices

farmer_ben

I sell 1 cube for £45 delivered in northumberland. Cant get any more that that as that seems to be the going rate up here

no wonder my customers are disappearing in the borders, I'd burn it myself before selling that cheap. I have to go back 7 years to get my price down to £45 3/4 cube and that price lasted only 2 months before decided they pay more or I find a new job because it just wasnt worth it.

Hey Jon i bet your here somewhere these thumbs getting such a workout they r like rottne bolster pins now :thumbup:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£30 for softwood £40 for hardwood in the highlands

I really don't know how it could be worth anyone's time and effort to sell at such prices. But hey what do I know. Ours will be £120 a cube or it stays where it is.

Mentally thats £50 a cube, ( inc VAT ??) buying cord in and putting into into bags is not much cheaper than that. If its good quality hardwood, 14% ish, consistant length, split, I would be tempted to ask him how much for 25 cube, and buy it. Keep it 6 months and double your money.

A

Been there got the t shirt. Some of these people are so thick they can't do simple maths. When you offer to buy it all the penny drops. I offered a company in Newbury to buy two roro skip fulls . They wanted more money than they were selling to the public and then 20% vat on top. One delivery in stead of 50 ? Their expression was its money in the bank looked more like mouldy logs in a skip to me :biggrin: and there was soft wood in it. May be worth talking to him he may have just under valued his efforts hope he does not have too much.

Been there got the t shirt. Some of these people are so thick they can't do simple maths. When you offer to buy it all the penny drops. I offered a company in Newbury to buy two roro skip fulls . They wanted more money than they were selling to the public and then 20% vat on top. One delivery in stead of 50 ? Their expression was its money in the bank looked more like mouldy logs in a skip to me :biggrin: and there was soft wood in it. May be worth talking to him he may have just under valued his efforts hope he does not have too much.

Which company?

Sent using My c