Advertising for starting up???

The Tree Hunter

The local rags, we have a booklet once a month called "on your doorstep" its all trades and works for me, parish/village newsletters, yell.com etc the best is word of mouth though. What ever you do DO NOT get involved with the many scams out there, Vardis for calanders, Schemes for schools and companys that PROMISE you a listing on what ever site or directory that you never see!:sneaky2:

stick to what you know or you can loose a lot of money on bull shite advertising.

I found that making up leaflets and delivering them when you`ve got nothing better to do brings jobs in. There are those who would say home made stuff looks a bit pikey, they might be right but its kept me alive. Put a bit of thought in see how it goes.

Defienitly would second the opinion to beware all the dodgy scams that call you the moment you get any paid advertising. I`ve wasted money on stuff that has brought in no work.

Local papers can be good, also parish news letters if that applies to your area.

Just remember, never sign up to anything on impulse, don`t be pressured into stuff by sales people or smooth talking advertisers. Think before you spend. The best ad in my experience is do a good job and do a good tidy, word of mouth keeps you going.

Yellow pages works well for us but not for others on the site.

A good sign written van, nice web site and maybe local papers.

Don't, don't, don't listen to anyone calling you up offering advertising in some magazine, calender or paper etc you are wasting your money imo.

business cards in the truck, i must have given out about 50 in 6 months of working for the firm i'm with. people see you working and think oh i wanted to get that done pop em a card, say ask for a quote, jobs a goodun.

You know what the amount of people that have stopped us asking for a card and then have never got back in touch is unreal.

It must say something but I dunno what :sneaky2:

Unless they are just business card collectors or something :001_smile:

1) Clean tidy well sign written vehicle... If people see you out and about they will remember your name.

2) Cheap and cheerful website so people can find your telephone number when they need you. If you have chosen a memorable trading name then any of the search engines will deliver the goods 24 x 7 x 365.

Flyers can be a cost effective short term boost if things are slack but not really a long term fix. I would certainly not waste money on any newspaper or magazine advertising - very very expensive and people cannot find your number once it is in the bin.

danny try (the northumbrian) magazine..

theres everything else in there,apart from tree services/climbers and if you know what your talking about (environmental sevrices)

its not your normal every day reading, i find its the top noffs that get this..:001_tt1::top:

give it a go youll be supprised

drop some cards round mate, ill dish them out :icon14: