Drivers CPC

Lee Winger

You could make the same argument for haulage, the only reason to drive anywhere is to collect something and then drop it off, the driving is incidental.......

As usual the rules are as clear as mud, until we get a test case. Any volunteers?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yep. nice one. end of.

"Vehicle uses where you don’t need Driver CPC

You don’t need Driver CPC if the vehicle you drive is:

used to carry material or equipment you use for your job - but driving the vehicle can’t be the main part of your job."

So carting logs and chip is covered under this???????????

Materials are for incorporating into the job and equipment is for doing the job

Like Pete says, the CPC thing is hardly onerous but what the hell, lets just waive the "tree surgeon general exemption" at it.:laugh1:

Like Pete says, the CPC thing is hardly onerous but what the hell, lets just waive the "tree surgeon general exemption" at it.:laugh1:

Morning Andy!

don't like the color 'grey' here......

The mog is HGV, my motorhome is HGV so off to do the CPC. Then if I want to go night-trunking to supplement meagre incommings the I can.

Steve

treequip, if you guys want to do it I don't think anyone would have a problem with that.

Not much grey about those, if you use your Mog for moving other parties' materials you'll need the CPC thingie. If you just use it for your own stuff, moving arisings etc you don't need it.

As far as your motorhome, you don't need it.

Hi Rover,

more than likely don't need it for the mog, its a mewp. The motorhome is a coach without tacho so no.

But you never know whats around the corner. Holiday relief driving, been offered little number moving F1 transporters and still have a % interest in a truck company from time ago.... as with haz/hiab and all the rest of vocational licences if I keep one then it stand to reason I will req the others.

Steve

transport minster has already stated about dropping this red tape, the fact you can sit the same module again and again shows how ill thought out this scheme is. the exemption is clear, speak to your inspector for advice not a cpc training company

Driving your own motorhome won't need a CPC since it isn't a job. If you were employed by someone soleley to drive their HGV-size motorhome, you would, however if you were employed by them as a butler and one of your incidental duties was driving the motorhome, you wouldn't.

To drive the Mog you won't need a CPC provided that driving the Mog isn't your main job. So if your principal job is felling/cutting, and the Mog driving is incidental to that (even if you are transporting the arisings) I don't think you need a CPC. If you are employed to drive the Mog but also help out loading, then you do.

As usual, clear as mud and both expensive and unnecessary. I have been told that the idea of the CPC was to cut down on the number of drivers operating in the UK with total inadequate overseas training and licences, but as usual it is the Brits who suffer. What is the purpose of the C or C&E test if not to assess if you're competent to drive an HGV? If you are competent and pass the test, what's the purpose of a CPC?

Its a pity tree surgeons weren't around in 1867, we could have wangled a tree surgeon's exemption to Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation, and dispensed with the need for ropes and mewps.