Vauxhall movano tipper lwb

timberbear

If you carry loads near the max payload of the truck, or over a tonne, I would beware - Movano and similar, VW Crafter and MB Sprinter, etc are all single rear wheel. They do not carry heavy loads as well as trucks with the double rear wheel, like Transit and Iveco Daily, etc.

That's just my experience and opinion, others may differ???

I have owned a VW Transporter T32 130 for the last 5-6 years, I am now changing to a Transit tipper!

If you carry loads near the max payload of the truck, or over a tonne, I would beware - Movano and similar, VW Crafter and MB Sprinter, etc are all single rear wheel. They do not carry heavy loads as well as trucks with the double rear wheel, like Transit and Iveco Daily, etc.

That's just my experience and opinion, others may differ???

I have owned a VW Transporter T32 130 for the last 5-6 years, I am now changing to a Transit tipper!

Utter rubbish, single rear wheels carry the load just as well, its the suspension that takes the load.

Trannys are the worst of the lot.

got a new shape movano, going well. it is rearwheel drive twin wheels.

had a single wheel movano for a day and kept getting stuck on grass etc

they r renaults to a large degree. mine even has renault stickers on many parts (ie fuel tank etc) lazy gits didnt even bother to remove these!

I've owned my movano for around 18 months now and found it carries the weight well on single rear wheels. Bear in mind that twin rear wheel drive vehicles are usually heavier as the rear diff weighs around 200kgs on its own. The cabin has large space and high driving position. These are basically renaults re badged and run a renault engine.

There is one down side to these engines, they have a common fault which Vauxhall and Renault are well aware of but refuse to address it.

The fault is that you can be driving along with or without a load and then for no reason the engine just stops. Quite scary when it first happens but you soon get used to coasting and starting but up again without losing too much speed.

Diagnostics will say that it is either a fuel or crankshaft sensor but it is not, owners have spent thousands on new fuel systems, sensors, fuel pumps you name it and the fault still occurs.

They should all be recalled but it would cost Vauxhall and Renault millions so thats why they fail to acknowledge the fault.

Have a look on the Vauxhall and Renault forums and you will see how many owners have problems with them.

If you can live with it like I do they are pretty good cheap tippers, and sit quite low so loading logs is easier.

I've owned my movano for around 18 months now and found it carries the weight well on single rear wheels. Bear in mind that twin rear wheel drive vehicles are usually heavier as the rear diff weighs around 200kgs on its own. The cabin has large space and high driving position. These are basically renaults re badged and run a renault engine.

There is one down side to these engines, they have a common fault which Vauxhall and Renault are well aware of but refuse to address it.

The fault is that you can be driving along with or without a load and then for no reason the engine just stops. Quite scary when it first happens but you soon get used to coasting and starting but up again without losing too much speed.

Diagnostics will say that it is either a fuel or crankshaft sensor but it is not, owners have spent thousands on new fuel systems, sensors, fuel pumps you name it and the fault still occurs.

They should all be recalled but it would cost Vauxhall and Renault millions so thats why they fail to acknowledge the fault.

Have a look on the Vauxhall and Renault forums and you will see how many owners have problems with them.

If you can live with it like I do they are pretty good cheap tippers, and sit quite low so loading logs is easier.

So when it happens do you just slip the clutch and bump it or do you stop and restart?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Hello Timberbear,

When the engine cuts out I usually keep the clutch dipped and change down while coasting, then turn the ignition off then on to restart the engine, sometimes it goes into limp mode and won"t rev over 3000rpm, sometimes it restarts as if there is nothing wrong. I've got it down to an art now so I only slow down by about 10mph. Mine usually does it on average twice a day.

Modern motors are a nightmare, if I didn't have to work in the LEZ I would have an old tipper without any sensors or ecu all day long.