Green mech safe trak 19-28

MATTMOSS

Great machines - I've got one that we've put over 1000 hrs on in less than 3 years and it has been amazing. Good strong bits of kit that chip well (as in drag bushy/thorny/awkward shaped stuff in and throw it out the other end) and can get over terrain no other chippers can touch. Get one on demo and draw your own conclusions! As for the disk blades, the 1928 has 4 (2 sets of 2) and it isn't unusual to get 300 hrs out of a set before they require re-sharpening. There is also amazing backup available over the phone from Greenmech - on the odd occasion that we have had a problem it has been diagnosed and a fix explained by Mac or Jason. I don't think there is a better all round tracked machine available - the Bandit 75 looks a good alternative but there would be jobs that I'm certain you wouldn't get it to that you could track straight up to with the GM. Having the ability to take the machine to the job transforms the way you look at challenging work sites.

:sneaky2:Timberwolf TW190TVGTR:sneaky2:

TW 190TVGTR | Products | Timberwolf

The ground clearance inboard of the track frames doesn't look very good on that TW. And I wouldn't put a TW190 in the same size category as a GM1928 personally - the infeed throat size is more closely matched to a GM1623. The letterbox feed makes a 1928 operate more like a 9" machine IMO.

It will be an interesing day when Timberwolf come up with some of their own ideas and stop having to copy other people's! :001_tt2:

The ground clearance inboard of the track frames doesn't look very good on that TW. And I wouldn't put a TW190 in the same size category as a GM1928 personally - the infeed throat size is more closely matched to a GM1623. The letterbox feed makes a 1928 operate more like a 9" machine IMO.

It will be an interesing day when Timberwolf come up with some of their own ideas and stop having to copy other people's! :001_tt2:

I don't think you can call the trackbase on the TVGTR a copy of any one's machine, the design and operation is unique to Timberwolf but gives the same outcome, safer tracking on slopes and un-even ground which is not problem unique to Greenmech users. The in-feed size is smaller than the 1928 but it would give Matmoss an alternative to the disc blade system which he says he is not a fan of whilst still keeping the safer tracking on slopes etc. Matmoss,The TVGTR is available for demo if you want to try it for yourself:thumbup1:

This reminds me of the Beezer comic which used to run a story called the Hilly's and the Billies. Two families of hillbillies who were always fighting.

Maybe they should have Chipper page where the Greenmech supporters and the TW supporters are always bickering and fighting.

There could also be a couple of other gangs such as the Jensen mob or the Bandit boys.

Maybe another story of the Stihl vs Husqvarna brigade.

I've worked with the timberwolf tvvtr thing too, the track idea is crap, mainly because as you operate the legs, the tracks tilt and fill up with crap.

I've used greenmechs for a while on the rail, but I do think the older ones chip better, the no stress seems to kick in earlier on the newest ones, also the two new ones we've had recent have been a mare to start when cold!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App