New Stihl Policy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think Stihl, or any other main brand, really cares what a very small fraction of their purchasers (or former purchasers) think? Their market is far larger than just us, and the majority of their customers will not be affected by this change of policy.

Andy, I've never had any illusions about the contempt with which large businesses view their customers as individuals. Just because me not buying Stihl anymore won't impact one iota on the company doesn't mean I will view it as a futile act and go along with what they aim to impose instead. Who knows, if enough people did the same they might notice. I won't lose sleep either way. :001_smile:

Probably because he's one of those crap dealers who won't budge from rrp, take 2weeks to fit aload of new parts but still not fix a saw, and carry no stock....the dealers this policy actually helps get custom they don't deserve!

This policy helps the dealers with the local domestic market, and probabaly helps the domestic user. the professional users however are left peed off and looking at husqvarna for future purchases

:lol::lol:

dads used and bought stihl for 30years

I have used and bought stihl for 5 years

as a self employed bloke where time is money can u answer this WHY I should I spend my time and money running around for stihl products when at the local dealer the products were a lot more money

for this reason I have switched to husq for the time being I don't have to run around for there stuff

as far as the dealer fixing the product they are more interested in selling u a new saw, hedge trimmer ,strimmer or what ever is broke

we had a 024 fs200 and fs400 all go into a stihl dealer to be fixed all of which he got told where scrap

so we brought new stuff

after learning a bit on this site about fixing stuff they are all now running so how can u sit there and say stihl products should be fixed by a local dealer clearly some dealer have not a clue on fixing stuff or cant be bothered

that said im using a local dealer now to buy my spare parts as the stores bloke is clued up and he even said to me after they have put there labour costs on the repair bill u may as well buy a new product

iv not got a problem with going to a stihl dealer as I quite often did even though I used online sales as I liked to see new stuff and have a bit of banter with the sales bloke

I just cant see why I should spend my time and money running around if stihl want ME or OTHERS to buy there products

Edited by burrell_

Just as the uproar from Stihl's policy had seemingly started to die down, along come this thread.

This has only opened the can of worms again. I hope Stihl read it, but I don't hold out for it and I really don't think they care.

The cynic in me thinks the thread was started by a Husky dealer. It would be appropriate timed as the new topper has hit the shelves.

Just as the uproar from Stihl's policy had seemingly started to die down, along come this thread.

This has only opened the can of worms again. I hope Stihl read it, but I don't hold out for it and I really don't think they care.

The cynic in me thinks the thread was started by a Husky dealer. It would be appropriate timed as the new topper has hit the shelves.

The cynic in me thinks it was started by a forum member who fancied stirring things up again. :001_rolleyes:

Electronic sales are the future andy, it's unstoppable, bury your head in the sand if you like

I enjoy the benefits of online sales as much as the next person, so can hardly be accused of burying my head in the sand? But, this is not an impossible situation, I can work with it, out of necessity.

We bemoan the fact that we are losing our high street stores, the little shops that made up our towns and even our villages. Why should we also lose the very businesses that support our livelihoods? by this I dont mean Stihl, I mean the saw shops/dealers, some of whom have been in existence for 20 or 30 years, the guys who when you call in at 4.57pm will stay and get the saw fixed for you, can you do that online? Is this really short-sighted, or is the total dependence on on-line availability equally short-sighted?

Just out of interest, how many of you are really that concerned, concerned enough at the Arb show to put your points of view to the Stihl reps there? I think there was a couple, out of the gate of 2000ish. Hardly a visible protest is it? Will Stihl listen to the ramblings of a people on a forum, hiding behind usernames that guarantee them anonymity? I doubt it. If people are really bothered, write to Stihl in your capacity as a professional business, or approach them at the numerous shows. But most wont, because they cant be bothered.