New Stihl Policy

he's not

Stihl are certainly trying to stop me or anybody else being able to buy from any other dealer than the nearest one by putting the obstacle in place of costing me the time/ inconvenience of having to go personally to collect anything in the Stihl range rather than being able to order over the phone/internet then carry on with my day. Husky all the way now. :001_smile:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repairs should always be carried out by a servicing dealer.

It's in your handbook.

Is that what Stihl have told you to say?

What is the point of providing a handbook to help with maintenance issues if you are supposed to take it back to the dealer?

Edited by Rich Rule

I understand the selling point of machines so dealer can see who he is selling too, but not the parts... If I want to replace anti vibe rubbers I can't have them delivered! and certainly not paying for a dealer to do it and charge a mint for a job I can do myself..

No, i'm saying it because I believe it to be true, please don't turn against me.

Also, the person who was unhappy with his dealer, report them to Stihl, thay are very interested to help you if you are unhappy.

Mate you are on a hiding to nothing here.

As far as reporting dealers goes, I did, they sent me a hat and my local dealer is still as bad as ever.

Well I have purchased Stihl parts from ebay and from a well known online parts agent - I did already have an account with the online parts stockinst but have had no issues in getting parts.

The fact that other agents appear to know nothing about this policy gives me the impression that Stihl is targeting a small number of predominantly online sellers that are taking business from local agents - not sure how this stands legally

Fair play in what you are saying but I know of people who deal online have done the exact same thing, so it doesn't have to be face to face just a good knowledge of your product , the right questions asked can get you to the same conclusion.