Working in the heat

Pete Mctree

We had it warmer than you Southerners yesterday at 30 celcius!

I just limit myself to short days, try to stick to shade, don't do any forestry work (felling in summer is contrary to best practice in silviculture anyway) and get out swimming in rivers and lochs/reservoirs as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to winter!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've summed it up well Mick, oop t'North they used to reckon they were made of tougher stuff, failing to see it these days. They are nearer the North Pole, we are nearer the Equator, I bet the sun only came out from behind a cloud and scares them!! :001_rolleyes::001_smile:

Ya got that right, at the start of last week there were kids in Huddersfield pointing at the sky shouting "mummy mummy what is it?

Poor little sods, the only brown they have ever seen is rust stains.

Hello,

Well it's a bit hotter down here and so when possible we climb early mornings in PPE and later change to lightweight but tough trekking trousers and use the silky a lot more.

Our T shirts are cotton but strangely I find them cooling enough and wet myself down with water sent up from time to time.

I always have a change of kit for the restaurant and drive home.

It is the 5th day of Ramadan and I eat before 4:15am and fast until 10:15pm. However, I have permission to drink as there is no way I would survive the day without doing so.

The fasting is quite good, I get a real sense of well being from abstaining from food but I do need to drink about 4+litres per day.

Hello,

Well it's a bit hotter down here and so when possible we climb early mornings in PPE and later change to lightweight but tough trekking trousers and use the silky a lot more.

Our T shirts are cotton but strangely I find them cooling enough and wet myself down with water sent up from time to time.

I always have a change of kit for the restaurant and drive home.

It is the 5th day of Ramadan and I eat before 4:15am and fast until 10:15pm. However, I have permission to drink as there is no way I would survive the day without doing so.

The fasting is quite good, I get a real sense of well being from abstaining from food but I do need to drink about 4+litres per day.

Have a word with skinny guts will ya. He's looking for skinny gut A's.....:thumbup1:

My main gripe in this weather is getting sweat in my eyes. Regularly have to wipe my face/brow/head on the inside of my shirt so that I can see! Even worse when any sun-tan lotion gets in the mix.

Put a bit of rag/hanky on the helmet band mate, helps with the sweat abit!