Reasons to use suncream

Gray git

Welcome to northampton big j.

Some say it is hell as well as hot as hell

You don't have to tell me! Not somewhere that I would come if not for my wife's family.

That said, to my surprise we went to a most stunning swimming spot in Northampton(shire) last night - the perfect antidote for this hot weather.

We swam in the River Nene at Tansor, and you couldn't have asked for a better place. Good water quality, excellent depth and you could swim for as far as you liked. Easy access, a beautiful stand of poplar opposite, loads of good pubs locally and the water was 21.8c. Highly recommended! It's just at the boat club in the village centre.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Burning isn't cumulative over the years. But once burned, may become more sensitive to future episodes of prolonged exposure to high levels of UV light & excessive heat. You insure yourself, you don't swing a saw round your head on a rope, you wear other PPE in your working day... so why take the chance.

If you know you're sensitive or suspect you're at risk, cover up and apply protection. Or you could be a real man. Contract cancer and maybe die early.

Risk factors

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/skin/riskfactors/'>http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/skin/riskfactors/

Cancer Research stats for 2012

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/cancer-info/cancerstats/types/skin/

hey big j, i think you are just lucky and come from the right stock even if your dads a ginga ninja like me...

didnt you say you had some german in you some where? i know a couple of germans and each summer they tan rather than burn so i conclude they are used to it rather than our 5 min summers catching us out each year...

as a ginger myself i dont tend to burn but i will go bright red for a day then the next day im bright white again...

in saying that i did get blistering burns whilst on holiday when i was 13 when me and my brother were scorched after only 1/2 hour as we were both on epilepsy tablets and this made us cook quickly. both our arms and shoulders were buggered and niether of us slept for three days cause of the pain...

Yep, half German, but interestingly the German side of the family does burn.

I also took epilepsy tablets (Tegratol/carbamazepine) as a kid, and don't recall it making sun burn any worse. I did have one bad sunburn experience in Florida, but that was after I stopped taking the tablets.

acording to my mum thats exactly what i was on when we got cooked in the med... where were you?

the doc dint tell my mum that we could get burned like that hence why no extra precautions took place just the usual ones, thanks doc...

3rd degree burns hurt...