Is the Easy Lift Harness..........

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I am going to invest in one of the and I have a couple of decent hedge towers, so should eliminate the problem of balance on a ladder

landscape model ok for most hedge cutting?

The Landscape model should work well, however if you find the need to work with a Kombi or Pas units with extensions or a power pruner I would suggest the Arborist model. The Arborist model can Handel 23-25 lbs and is convertible for less weight by removing the outside strut:thumbup1:. Just remember the Easy-Lift Harness can be safely used from the ground, a bucket or a scaffold.

The Easy-Lift Harness can not be used from a ladder!. Work smart and safe.

easy-lift guy

The Landscape model should work well, however if you find the need to work with a Kombi or Pas units with extensions or a power pruner I would suggest the Arborist model. The Arborist model can Handel 23-25 lbs and is convertible for less weight by removing the outside strut:thumbup1:. Just remember the Easy-Lift Harness can be safely used from the ground, a bucket or a scaffold.

The Easy-Lift Harness can not be used from a ladder!. Work smart and safe.

easy-lift guy

maybe in the states ted, but we can't use one here. A proper man basket has to be tested approved and a days training before you go in one!

Just correcting in case. Someone uses it against you.:thumbup1:

I purchased an East-lift harness having saved hard for a year. I knew about the system and watched a demo at the Cannock chase APF in 2012.

I am 6' + tall and can just cut a 6'6'' hedge. Any taller and I would probably get some plasterers stilts. This is a theory and I have turned down taller jobs because of my inability to be able to do the work with ease and age comes into this too.:biggrin:

So with the added height of 18'' on stilts you should be able to cut an 8' hedge......

codlasher.

Edited by codlasher

I'm 42 and wish if bought one a long time ago.

I only use long reach hedge cutters and think I should have bought the Arborist model.

Still, it was money seriously well spent.

Sorry to sound rude, but maybe that's why you find it such hard work? I find short hedge cutters twice as fast as half as tiring on my upper body.

Although I have to admit I bought an ELH about 3 months ago and never used it yet as the ground or laughed and said I was being a pansy...

Sorry to sound rude, but maybe that's why you find it such hard work? I find short hedge cutters twice as fast as half as tiring on my upper body.

Although I have to admit I bought an ELH about 3 months ago and never used it yet as the ground or laughed and said I was being a pansy...

It's not rude Charles but I use long reach hedge cutters because I can reach twice as high as with a short one, therefore reducing the ladder work by 50%, in other words trimming the hedge twice as fast.

The ELH reduces the fatigue level considerably (& reduces the vibration in the hands) therefore I can keep trimming and only stop to refuel.

It's not rude Charles but I use long reach hedge cutters because I can reach twice as high as with a short one, therefore reducing the ladder work by 50%, in other words trimming the hedge twice as fast.

The ELH reduces the fatigue level considerably (& reduces the vibration in the hands) therefore I can keep trimming and only stop to refuel.

I find a short one more powerful, and a 30" cut not 20", so run along the bottom with a short one then pick up a long one for the hard to reach bits!

Also find getting a dead straight hedge easier with the longer blade, but maybe that's just practice.