Ag Reg truck..CAN OF WORMS....OPEN AND STAND BACK :)

treedweller

I have a full c+e licence so I have never thought about it that much also the other guys who drive it have a c licence so for us that's covered. As for the comment about if you don't run it on red use a transit complete rot as a transit gets stuck in a puddle you Only have to have your tools men and stop at McDonald's for breakfast and your over weight lol. I may use a smaller truck to back up the mog but that's it and I doubt it would ever be a transit. Going back to fuel the amount of extra the white costs me is also covered by less trips back to the yard for example if I use a transit for the job I did today I would have done 5 trips to the yard but with the mog it was only 2 so a saving there and it means a grounds person is on site cutting chipping etc... (Being paid for what he does) rather than driving!

what mpg do you rekeon yr getting from the mog ,

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

what mpg do you rekeon yr getting from the mog ,

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure but If we drive about a 30 mile round trip and chip all day and take back a very full load of chip (this is when it drinks the fuel as its only 100hp) I use about £40-£50 of fuel. the chipper is a 9inch.

I have a very heavy chip box which is getting changed in the next week or so and then I will get a power upgrade to about 150hp so I hope this will help on the longer trips. I am thinking about buying a 6inch tow behind so I am not burning white while we chip also if we are chipping on site I will not take the mog

Not to sure but If we drive about a 30 mile round trip and chip all day and take back a very full load of chip (this is when it drinks the fuel as its only 100hp) I use about £40-£50 of fuel. the chipper is a 9inch.

I have a very heavy chip box which is getting changed in the next week or so and then I will get a power upgrade to about 150hp so I hope this will help on the longer trips. I am thinking about buying a 6inch tow behind so I am not burning white while we chip also if we are chipping on site I will not take the mog

so it wont run all day on £10 quids worth then :laugh1:

So your lorry can hold the same amount of chip, do a 30mile rd trip with a chipper on the back, the chipper work all day for £10 of fuel. What are you running because that's dam good.

TBH if your thinking about buying a mog and your worried about fuel don't get one :)

So your lorry can hold the same amount of chip, do a 30mile rd trip with a chipper on the back, the chipper work all day for £10 of fuel. What are you running because that's dam good.

TBH if your thinking about buying a mog and your worried about fuel don't get one :)

6t daily wi a tw 150 behind it :001_smile:

To be fair with it being such a grey area id be running on white. As for a transit I wouldnt buy one with your money :)

ran a U1300 for about 5 years... on red...I hate transits too...I run a landy 130 tipper now...just!. This debate has been going on since Pontius was a pilot. Mogs are great tools...with red diesel, no HGV, cheap insurance (back then), no tax and no MOT and O license. Down side was the maintenance...servicing and parts cost what I saved on the above. I couldn't run one now...the money and work is just not there for me anymore :thumbdown: